Chapter 2

"He's so stubborn!" Freya hissed in frustration, crossing her arms over her chest, "He never listens to us ever."

"No matter how much we try to talk to him." Hiccup complained, referring to their dad.

"Well, that runs in the family," Gobber commented.

Hiccup ignored the comment and continued on his rant, "The only time he does acknowledge us is with this disappointed scowl. As if someone took away all the meat in his sandwich." Hiccup started imitating Stoick. "Excuse me, barmaid! I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered two extra large children with beefy arms. Extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

Gobber gave them a sympathetic look and tried to console them." Now, you're thinking about this all wrong. It's not so much what you look like. It's what's inside that he can't stand."

"Thank you for summing that up." Hiccup said sarcastically as the trio stopped walking.

Gobber sighed. Gobber was not good at comforting people, "Look, the point is, stop trying so hard to be something you're not." He advised

Hiccup frowned. That was not what Hiccup wanted to hear at the moment, "I just want to be one of you guys." Hiccup said, his head dropping as he started to walk inside their house.

Freya was about to follow after him, but Gobber called after her before she went to open the door, "Freya, take care of him." He said, nodding his head as she turned to walk away. Freya frowned, choosing not to respond as she walked through the door.

Freya called out to Hiccup, but upon hearing no reply the redhead checked around and came upon the back door ajar. It was an easy guess that he had run off again. She huffed and rolled her eyes, "I bet he went to look for that dragon." She sighed, packing her bag with healing herbs, food, and water. Just in case he got hurt or wanted to stay out a little longer.

With this in mind, she grabbed her brown satchel filled with supplies and shut the back door behind her as she started trekking to find him.

When she got to the edge of the forest, she followed the path they used to hang out on when they were kids. Freya softly sang to herself as she journeyed into the woods,

Freya suddenly paused, going quiet. The redhead swore she could hear something akin to chuffing or growling nearby. Freya started singing again softer. Again she heard the noise. Freya stopped singing, but when she did, the sounds stopped. Frowning, she stood while resuming her song, but this time she listened carefully for the noises.

Against her better judgment, Freya followed the sounds that seemed to mimic the tune of her song, albeit not well, but it was cute.

Freya hesitantly walked into the mouth of a large cave. In the center, there was an admittedly beautiful white dragon with soft pink and blue coloration on its sparkly body. The dragon was colorful compared to the calm greens and browns in the woods. The dragon's face was round and a little slim. It possessed a long, single spine running down the center of its back and light blue eyes. The unknown dragon also had two pairs of ear-like appendages on the top of its head and a small pink-colored nose hidden by vines loosely wrapped around its muzzle. It also had some very light blue coloration on its underbelly and feet.

In short, the dragon was breathtaking, sitting there inside the cave. The dragon looked extremely weak but was more or less continuing "singing" along to her song. The dragon hadn't noticed her until it turned its head and stared straight at her. It was on guard at her presence but didn't move, possibly too weak to fight her.

Freya blinked owlishly in surprise. She couldn't figure out what was more unbelievable, the fact that the dragon was singing, its colorful scales, or the fact that she managed to find this dragon on her own.