Chapter 1

On an island named Berk lived a quaint village. On their island, they had a pest problem. Berk did not have a simple pest problem like rodents or birds. Their pest was sheep-stealing dragons.

Within one of the houses in the village, a sixteen-year-old boy with messy auburn hair resided in with his younger sister. The boy was wearing a long green woolen tunic with brown leather lacing at his neck and arms, a dark brown fur vest that matches his boots, and dark grayish-green pants with lacing at the ankles. He opened his door only to shut it immediately, narrowly avoiding getting blasted by fire.

The girl, on the other hand, had shoulder-length curly red hair and grey eyes. She wore a long light grey tunic with white fur sewn to the ends. Around her waist was a black leather waist corset, gently tied around the back. Upon her shoulders were white fur shoulder pads that matched her knee-length boots. The shoes themself were black, but the legs were white with fur on them. Her pants were simple black pants, and around her neck was a small, gold chain necklace with a little white dragon protecting a small green gemstone.

"Dragons," The boy whispered, his vibrant green eyes widening as he turned to the red-haired girl only a year younger than him.

"I do not like the look in your eye. Dad said to stay home." The girl warned him, narrowing her brown eyes.

"Well, Dad probably did not count on our house potentially catching fire. Let's go!" The auburn-haired boy retorted, motioning for her to follow suit. With a reluctant sigh, the girl followed behind. The once peaceful atmosphere of Berk had changed into a complete warzone. Every Viking was armed with axes, swords, maces, and hammers to fight off the dragons and protect the village.

The two teens ran into the battlefield, one way more excited than the other. They rushed past many villagers who kept shouting at them to get inside. Hiccup and Freya were well-known in their village for different reasons. Hiccup was known for all the wrong reasons. He was an outcast because of his small size and ability to; inadvertently cause destruction most of the time. He meant well, but his inventions never worked the way they should. Said inventions usually ended up with either Hiccup or others needing to visit Gothi or Freya to patch them up.

Freya, on the other hand, was a talented but peaceful young Viking. Freya was known for her healing services since she worked directly under Gothi and for her exceptional archery abilities. While she was pretty young, she was one of the best in the village. If someone needed to find Freya, they'd look for Hiccup, Gothi, Wren, or Stoick. She was usually wasn't far from one of them, or they knew her whereabouts.

Despite being younger than her adoptive brother, she was usually beside him to watch over him. Freya never actively stopped him from pursuing his goals, only showing support and helping him out of bad situations. Freya was commonly referred to as her brother's watcher, according to their father, but the rest of the village chalked her up to Hiccup's babysitter. Neither of them liked that title very much.

The pair ignored the villagers and continued running until a large red-headed man grabbed them from behind, stopping them from running into a line of fire produced by one of the dragons, "Hiccup? Freya? What are they doing out?" The burly man asked before turning to them, "Why are you two out here? What have I been telling both of you? Get inside!" Freya frowned but nodded, grabbing Hiccup by the sleeve of his shirt and pulling him to Gobber's workshop.

"Ah, you two finally arrived! Nice of both of you to join the party! I thought you two would have been carried off by a Nadder!" The blond man greeted them teasingly.

"You can not get rid of us that easily Gobber," Freya replied as she walked to the back of the shop, sitting down on a bench.

"Freya is right. We're way too muscular for them to handle. They would have no idea what to do with all...this." Hiccup added, flexing his arms while putting on his work vest and apron.