Five

"Wednesday!" Enid's abrupt and vociferous shout startled the psychic from her state of concentration, her attention quickly shifting from her typewriter to her roommate's side of the room; eyes wide with alarm as she searched for any signs of a threat that could garner such a shrill volume for the werewolf. Of course, there wasn't any—Wednesday was quick to realize this as she took notice of Enid's awfully eager grin—and as soon as Wednesday realized this, she decided to meet Enid's gaze with a cold and stern glare. Enid didn't seem to care much for the bone-chilling look, however; instead standing carelessly on her bed, a finger pointed in Wednesday's direction (for a more dramatic effect, Enid liked to think). "You and I are going out on a date!" It was sudden, to say the least—Enid herself knew this full and well; and, truthfully, she knew it would take nothing less than a miracle if Wednesday didn't bash her head in for making such a useless proposal while distracting her from her beloved "writing time".

Though, it seemed like miracles weren't much of a rarity when it came to Wednesday as the black-haired woman blinked instead. "What?" Her voice was flat, expression blank; though Enid could easily pinpoint the slight quiver in the Addams's voice.

The blonde smirked at that and hopped off the bed, taking a few steps towards her roommate while she, in turn, got to her feet and met her halfway. "You heard me," Enid pressed a finger to her roommate's chest, her lips twitching slightly from the rare proximity. "We're gonna go into Jericho and go shopping together.

Wednesday visibly blanched, her lips parting slightly as she seemingly rattled her brain in search of the right words for her current predicament. For the first time, Wednesday was rendered speechless, and forced to resort to a simple (and very flustered), "Huh?"

"C'mon!" Not giving Wednesday time to protest, the blonde gripped her roommate's wrist and pulled her out of the dorms.

"Have you even requested your leave from the headmaster?" Wednesday asked, slightly out of breath, as she gave Enid a weary look.

"Of course I did," Enid scoffed, rolling her eyes as she feigned offense to the question. "Who do you take me for?"

"The idiot who thinks she'll be spared from torture when this is all over."

Ignoring her friend's (slightly unnerving) comment, Enid linked her arm with Wednesday's in order to make sure she doesn't slip away (at least, that was what she told herself), and the two wandered their way into town in a silence that Enid was sure consisted of Wednesday mapping out her plans of torture. "So," Enid began slowly, gaze meeting that of Wednesday's as they walked along the side of the road, "where do you wanna go first?"

"The morgue," Wednesday responded flatly, though Enid was rather quick to brush it off. "Why did you want to come here again?

"I already told you," Enid huffed, sending Wednesday a half-hearted glare. "Shopping."

"Why not ask Yoko?"

"Because I wanted to go with you." Enid clamped her mouth shut as soon as she spoke. The words had slipped out far too quickly for the werewolf to truly process, but by the time she did, she wanted to do nothing more but throw herself onto the street and become the next taxidermy display for Uriah's Heap.

Though, when she glanced at Wednesday to take in her reaction, she was thoroughly shocked to see the psychic's normally pale cheeks now slightly flushed, albeit she seemed to be trying desperately hard to hide her embarrassment from the blonde. Enid couldn't help but smirk as she leaned closer toward Wednesday, eyes gleaming with amusement as she took in the image before her.

Wednesday, clearly not enjoying their sudden closeness, furrowed her brows at Enid. "What is it?"

"You're blushing," Enid pointed out, her smirk becoming soft as it contorted into a gentle grin. "Are you embarrassed?"