Two

The afternoon sun outside was bright; permeating through the windows in faint, yellow streaks as Enid sat at her desk, fingers tapping away relentlessly at her computer's keys. The screen colored her face in ultraviolet hues, burning the current image of her work-in-progress post into her retinas; becoming embedded behind pale blue eyes. The werewolf found herself too absorbed in her current thread to care, however; the need to vent her frustrations into a blog post allowing the anxieties to seep from the tips of her fingers and onto the currently-abused machine before her.

What the post was about? The Hyde incident, of course. A part of her felt it was wrong, though; half the information that she was writing down was mostly half-assed bullshit from the depths of her imagination; a fantasy in which Wednesday Addams never fell in love with, much less kissed, Tyler Galpin. Enid found her actions to be fueled by a mix of a jealous and very much justified rage, one that became enabled over senseless rumors she overheard only a few moments prior to her locking herself in her dorm room.

"Did you know?" A very bold siren had whispered (not very well, much to Enid's displeasure) to their peer. "The Addams girl led the Hyde to us. She fell in love with it and let it kill Weems."

"I knew she was a creep," the other—a vampire—began, her nose scrunching up in disgust, "but I didn't think she had it in her to fall in love with a monster."

It sufficed to say that Enid had well and put them in their place. Threatening to maul people to death seemed to go a long way as the two outcasts had immediately clamped their mouths shut and ran away before Enid had the chance to so much as bear her teeth. Enid chuckled at that, her heart suddenly growing warm as she caught herself in the memory. Wednesday's influence was beginning to show on her; sinking into her until it found its special place in her heart.

Enid sighed, pushing herself away from the computer as her finger hovered over the touchpad, debating with herself if it was really okay to post such a thing. She never really knew Wednesday's stance on faulty rumors, but judging on the goth's personality alone, Enid had a fairly good basis to assume that Wednesday may not take it so well. Enough so for a poor, unsuspecting soul to get away with no fewer than two missing fingers.

And here I thought writing about the Hyde would get my mind off of her, Enid mused to herself, a dry chuckle escaping from between her lips. I may as well have screwed myself over.

With a sigh, Enid closed the laptop. She didn't want to intrude on Wednesday's personal life; didn't want to force her influence somewhere it wasn't welcome. The last time Enid had so much as mentioned Wednesday in her blog, she had been the subject of a threat and potential rivalry with her own roommate—something that she, thankfully, was able to avoid with numerous amounts of smiles and an eventual mutual understanding.

The blonde was soon forced out of her thoughts, however, as the door clicked, her head twisting around to peek over her shoulder in time to see Wednesday, expression as tired as ever, walking into the room. "You're back," Enid sighed, almost as if in relief. Something Enid had noticed, though refused to address, was how lonely the room seemed to be without Wednesday; like a part of her heart was being torn away whenever Wednesday got too far; whenever she turned her back and put the door and several feet between them. Though despite the sudden, unsuspected warmth she felt with Wednesday, she couldn't help but notice that there was something missing. "Where's Thing?"

Wednesday shrugged. "Thing wanted to meet with my Uncle Fester. I'm not necessarily sure what for, but it told me it had to talk to him about...something."

"Oh," was all Enid managed to say, her heart fluttering slightly as Wednesday glanced up through her eyelashes to meet Enid's gaze. Enid never really knew if it was a blessing or a curse that Wednesday made her heart race so easily. "I see."