Chapter 11

Filler chapter. When Bella returns from Italy with Edward, before going home, and the rest of the Cullens return from Alaska.

"Jasper, can you call Janie and tell her I'm back?" Bella asks as she clings to Edward.

"Sure, but why?"

"She said she'd punch me for leaving abruptly when I got back," Bella replies.

"I'll do it!" Rosalie snatches the phone and goes outside.

"She was too happy to do that," Bella says and the others chuckle.
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Janie is hanging with the pack at Sam and Emily's when her phone rings. She jumps onto Jared's phone to get ur and she answers,

"Hel-" she giggles "hello! Jared! Stop! I'm ticklish!" She giggles so hard she snorts loudly and Jared stops suddenly, staring. "Hello?"

"Janie, it's Rosalie."

"Hey, Rose," Janie says when Jared starts barking in laughter and goes to tell Paul about the noise Janie just made. "Sorry about that. These puppies are idiots."

Jasper got his weekly update yesterday from Janie and she's an imprint to a wolf. The Cullens agreed to avoid their hate for wolf talk while Janie's around.

"We are not!" Embry whines.

"Bella's at the house."

"I'll be right there." Janie hangs up. "I'll be back. I'm gonna go punch my sister."

Janie leaves and gets onto her Jeep. She drives to the Cullen mansion and Rosalie opens the door for her.

"She's in the upstairs living room," Rosalie says and she quickly follows.

"Just do it," Bella says. She knows how hard her sister can punch. "Get it out of your system."

Janie nods and she swings, punching Bella and knocks her down with ease. Janie looks at her best friend and sees that he's wearing the other half to the necklace. She walks over and hugs him. Despite her smelling like wet dog, Jasper hugs her close while Edward helps Bella up and Carlisle hands her a bag of frozen peas.

"I deserved that," Bella admits.

"Yes, you did," Janie replies. "Now, I gotta go and hit Jared. He made me snort."

Bella smiles. "You only do that when you're being tickled."

"Exactly." Janie smiles at Jasper before leaving.

"The Cullens are back?" Sam asks as soon as Janie walks in.

"Hello to you, too, Sam."

"Sorry, hey, Janie," Sam greets.

"Much better," Janie replies. "And yes, they're back. I gave Bella a black eye."

She walks over and joins Paul and Jared on the couch. Sam watches as she curls up to Paul for warmth and he instantly allows it. Jared flips through the tv channels.

"Jared, pick one or I'll stop being happy and turn annoyed."

"I'm trying to find something, woman, jeez," Jared says grumpily to his friend and he lands on Tom and Jerry.

"Yes!" He and Janie yell at the same time and they high-five.

"Oh, no, there's two of them now," Emily says to Sam as she comes downstairs.

Sam nods. "I know."

They watch as Jared and Janie watch the cartoon while Janie mindlessly curls up to Paul. He's warm and he makes her feel safe. As much as she loves the Cullens and Jasper, she feels safest right here in Paul's arms, and she's not ashamed to admit it.