Chapter 2

Here is a drawing a made of them( I used a base off Google for poses):

Anyway, enjoy the story!

---------------------------------------------------------

   Dream was startled when one of his best friends, Ink, arrived. After all, he had just sent him a response yesterday.

   Dream knew Ink lived on the other side of his kingdom. He had told Dream he enjoyed the forest landscape, though Dream was always worried about him living there. His brother, Nightmare, had a better chance of attacking there.

   He arrived when Dream was just about to send a carriage for Ink. 

   Ink had arrived so quickly. It had baffled him. Ink needed some form of transport, and yet he got here much quicker than a horse could bring him. He tried to think of another form of transportation, but none came to mind. Even the fastest and healthiest horse would take a few days to arrive. 

   Not only that but he had heard of the rumors of shadow creatures lurking around the kingdom.

   Ink was staring at him from his spot in the room. He must have spaced out thinking about it. 

 "Hello Ink, been a while hasn't it?"

"Heya Dream, and yeah it has!"

   Despite sounding cheerful, Ink looked a little nervous. That was obvious, after all, it was in his eyes. However, Dream was confused about what was troubling his friend. "Ink? Is there something wrong?", he asked.

   "Uhh, Dream…I don’t mean to be rude but you can’t really just call me to your castle without an explanation", he responded bluntly. Dream realized if he received a letter like his, he would be freaking out.

   "Ahhh, I see. Well, I don’t mean to worry you, you are not in trouble." Dream saw Ink instantly relax. 

   "I have a quest for you…", Dream was a bit worried. Would Ink even accept? Of course, as important as this task is, he would not want to put Ink in danger at a place he never wanted to go to in the first place. 

   "As you know, my brother Nightmare feeds off negativity. It is his source of power. However, he has been attacking our kingdom more often. Trying to overthrow the kingdom. I have found out that there is an artifact that helps our balance between positivity and negativity. However, Nightmare has also found out about its existence. He wants to destroy its positive side."

Ink was shocked 

   "Is there an artifact that helps the balance between positivity and negativity?", he asked.

   "Yes,there is… You see, me and Nightmare are only two beings. We are not even God's. We couldn't do everything ourselves. Of course while we are the main source of positive and negative emotions, it does help.", Dream explains.

   Ink looked and felt lost. While he had been alive for quite some time he had never heard of this object.

   "Ink, you don't need to go if you don't want to", Dream tried to reassure him. "In fact, I planned to let Blue escort you through the forest".

   As much as Dream wanted to go with Ink himself, he knew he would be needed by his kingdom. However, he trusted Blue would help Ink.

   "If you want, I could wait for your final decision", Dream said. "That would be nice", Ink responded.

   "Great!", Dream cleared his throat, "Now please, stay for dinner".

   "Uhh, Dream?" 

   "Yes Ink?

   "Mind explaining the phoenix in the room?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you think so far!