Drayce, The Omen

"What should be done about the downed zip line tower, sir?" A slayer asked Michael.

"Have the smiths break it apart, melt it down and make the sets  I requested with the iron." Michael got on top of his horse.

The slayer saluted us and walked away swiftly towards the men waiting next to the zip line tower. Dead Reavers from the raid were being burned not to far away. I looked to my side and saw Alyssa petting her horse as a slayer opened the gates for us.

"Lets ride!" Michael commanded as his horse charged forward down the volcano.

"You heard him." Alyssa began to charge forward as well.

We rode through the middle of large groups of gravestones towards Midgardsormr's prison.

Ever since the battle just hours ago I had been exhausted, I'd become less focused and my vision would become blurry. My horses steady hoof-steps lulled me to a sleep like state. I rode with my eyes closed  and slowly fell asleep.

"Dragon!" Alyssa yelled, waking me up.

"Where!?' I opened my eyes.

"Here!" Michael roared as he stood on top of his still running horse.

I looked up and saw a wyvern type dragon swoop down towards Michael. Michael leaped off his horse, the dragon caught his horse in its jaws and chomped it in half. Alyssa let out a horrified shriek as blood sprayed on her armor. The dragon turned around and I noticed something terrifying, this thing looked like me.

"Get clear!" I stopped my horse and yelled.

Fire built up in the dragons mouth and its eyes began to glow orange. Flames shot from its mouth and it set the tall grass ablaze.

"Looks like I'm not the only one!" I growled.

The fire spread quickly, pushing us to patches of dirt. Our horses ran away from the fire and left us stranded stranded.

"Now what?" Michael glared at the dragon as it circled us.

"Either we wait for that thing to burn us alive..." Alyssa looked at the fire.

I thought about transforming but I was exhausted, I don't think I could've transformed even if I wanted to.

"Or we take it down." I finished her sentence and threw my spear at the dragons wings, as Cayde had done before.

The spear tore through the dragons wings sending it spiraling into burning grass.  Smoke created a wall for the dragon to hide behind. I heard it stomping as it circled us, then there was a hiss. The hiss I heard was similar to one it made before.

"Get down!" I shouted.

We all threw ourselves to the ground, flames spewed from our attackers mouth, they barely missed us. Once the heat passed we stood up and waited for the dragon. The stomps became louder as it came to investigate. I readied my spear. The dragon poked its face through the smoke as I stabbed forward. My spear got stuck in the monsters eye socket.

"Got you!" I strained.

I pushed the spear deeper into the wound until I stabbed its brain, the dragon let out one last yelp before finally falling.

"Nice kill." Michael complimented me.

He raised his fingers to his lips and let out a whistle, our remaining horses came after us and let us get back on them. Alyssa sat on the back of Michaels horse and we continued to ride.

Michael raised his hand as we approached the underground fort, the guards nodded their heads . We hopped off our horses and tied them to rocks.

"So this is it?" Alyssa asked.

"Not quite, we still have to kill that other dragon after this." I told her as we walked further into the cave.

"Michael!? Well I'll be damned!" Jaxon greeted us as we entered the cave.

"Hello, Jaxon." Michael nodded as Jaxon hugged him with his one arm.

"So, what gives? You never come down here. More importantly where's that little bastard Cayde?" Jaxon glared at Alyssa and me.

"Michael's here?" Rory showed up. "And so are the kids!"

Rory came to greet Alyssa and me.

"Cayde's been banished." Michael said.

"Good, he had it coming to him." Jaxon smirked.

"What did he do the last time he was here?" Michael raised an eyebrow.

"He led some dragons here and they killed a hand full of my men!"

"I'm sorry to hear that, thankfully he's been punished for his crimes."

"Good." Rory said hesitantly. "So why are you here?"

"We've come to kill Midgardsormr."

"W-what?" Rory stuttered.

"Explain Drayce." Michael gestured towards me.

"As you know I met Vindex, he told me about a dragon with the ability to control minds, that's what has been keeping the war going this long. But in order for humanity to be safe from dragons we need to kill that dragon and Midgardsormr, Vindex said." I explained to them.

"Alright." Rory said in a low voice.

"Ha! You sound kind of disappointed, we know you didn't get any information out of the dragon." Jaxon said jokingly.

Rory opened the door to the dragon chamber, we were all armed. We stood against the railing and looked down at Midgardsormr, his big blue eyes looking back at us.

"Time to die." I whispered.

Midgardsormr heard me, his pupil shrunk. The markings on the inhibitor chains began to glow. The dragon bared its teeth as it winced in pain.

"What's going on!?" Alyssa questioned.

"Not sure." Rory said.

"No longer shall I provide a false sense of security to you humans." Midgardsormr growled.

We all fell silent, Midgardsormr's pupil panned over to me.

"My daughter and I will rip your Haven apart once and for all."

"Your daughter is in chains just like you are!" I shouted.

"Im-impossible." Midgardsormr scowled in disbelief. "Then I'll kill you all myself!"

I hopped onto the railing and prepared to plunge down onto Midgardsormr, but before I could he vanished in a flash of purple light.