Chapter 3: I Accidentally On Purpose Steal A Car

• Dedicated to my Mom

Chapter 3: I Accidentally On Purpose Steal A Car

As I ran through the trees and the thorns, I couldn't help looking back a couple of times... even though Jason told me not to. Jason, I hope he didn't get caught. I thought to myself, but then I shook that thought off. He's Jason Bourne, damn it. He doesn't get caught.

When I reached the end of the forest, I ran up the road to a nearby truck stop. There, someone just finished loading gas into his truck. I slipped in before him into the driver's seat, tossed him about 4,000 dollars, and drove off in the opposite direction.

As I drove down the road, I took my map out of the outside pocket of my bag and looked to the sides of the road for signs that might tell me where I was. I was driving for about two minutes before I found a sign that read:

Leipzig

200 miles

I opened my map and found Germany, then went to Leipzig. It will be about four hours. I thought to myself. As I dug through my duffel bag, I came upon the picture I had escaped to find.

It was me and Jason, on the beach in India. I liked this picture the most out of all of them, because it was the first picture I had seen him smile in. I set the picture down in my backpack and focused more on the road. It was getting darker, so I decided to stop at a hotel just outside Connewitz.

I took out my passport for Germany and checked it just to be sure. My passport for Germany said my name was Anna Wolf. Great, I'm pretty good at being her. I picked up my bag and opened the car door. I quickly grabbed my photo and exited the car. I casually walked up the steps to the hotel, ready with my passport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I entered my room, I set my bag down on the floor next to the bathroom. Then, out of exhaustion, I fell right in to bed. I stared at the ceiling for a while, after a few minutes I used the phone next to my bed to call room service. In no time at all, someone answered.

"Hallo, wie kann ich Ihnen helfen?" (Hello, how may I help you?) she asked through the phone.

"Ich bin nicht wirklich sicher ... wie wäre es mit Schokoladeneis?" (I'm not actually sure... how about chocolate ice-cream) I plainly replied in fluent German.

"Bad brechen?" (Bad break up?) she wondered, I could hear her pen scratching down the order as she asked the question.

"Hmmm ... Ich denke, man könnte sagen." (Hmmm... I guess you could say that.) I said, kind of glum.

"Es wird in Ordnung sein, liebe, ich bring up zusätzliche Schokoladeneis für Sie." (It'll be alright, Dear, I'll bring up extra chocolate ice-cream for you.) she said cheerily, she let me hang up the phone.

I wish that Marie was here, she would know exactly what to do. Maybe she would even know where to look for Jason... well, that won't ever happen. I should get ready for bed.