i. once upon a time

pilot; ❛ TREACHEROUS ❜❝ exactly like in a movie! ❞

❝ exactly like in a movie! ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE ENCHANTED FOREST

     Once upon a time, Princess Anastasia lost everything. Then, she gained a new family and lost that too. All because of Killian Jones and his thirst for revenge.

She fled from her capturer's dungeon and into the forest that surrounded his house. The brunette did not remember the last time she even walked because she had spent the last couple of months strapped to a table or in chains. She stumbled a little and held onto a nearby tree for balance.

A shaky breath left her and she threw a wary glance over her shoulder. Nicholas was still asleep and he was supposed to stay that way at least for another half an hour. So, Anastasia had enough time to make a run for it. And she did just that.

She sprinted through the forest barefoot. Her throat hurt from the screams of agony that escaped her lips just a couple of hours prior, and her feet hurt from the rocks and branches that she stepped on while running.

By the time the stars were covering the sky, replacing the Sun, she was exhausted. The possibility of him finding her now was low but not zero. She was still wary which was the result of the darkness and silence around her that was making her even more paranoid. Something could jump out and grab her at any moment.

Anastasia was not usually afraid of the darkness. On the contrary, on the night of the full moon, she almost became one with it. But after many months of being locked up, these woods felt very unfamiliar to her.

There were no words to explain the relief that she felt when she finally came across a cave. It was not the best shelter but it was something. She let out a shaky breath and slowly walked inside. Just like she expected, it was dark and she hoped that the wood she gathered along the way was enough to help her make a fire.

The brunette sat down on the ground and started making a fire, her hands visibly shaking from the cold as she did so.

"What the hell are you doing?" A sharp male voice echoed through the cave. "This is my cave."

Anastasia turned around with wide eyes to see a blond man staring at her with his blue eyes narrowed into a glare on his face. Her eyebrows raised at his tone while his anger slowly melted into confusion at the sight of her face.

The figure in the hood turned out to be a beautiful woman and the prince was more than surprised.

"I'm looking for shelter." Anastasia simply said, her voice hoarse. "It's cold outside."