silent christmas

december 24 2015.

seventeen's first christmas together as an officially debuted group.

oh btw, merry christmas while we're here.

it was also the first christmas where most of the koreans in the group don't have their parents by their sides. it was an odd feeling, and the seventeen year old chan didn't like this feeling.

he wanted to go home, to celebrate the holiday season with his parents and his younger brother. to simply state it, chan was suddenly feeling homesick.

he was hiding in his pile of blankets in the dark room he shared with jihoon, soonyoung, and seungkwan. they had returned home for their three day break after filming something for christmas to be released tomorrow for their fans, and chan took the first moment he could to slip silently into the room.

he didn't even have his phone, his manager had taken it from him to get it fixed since mingyu had accidentally dropped the device on concrete. typical kim mingyu.

so here lee chan was, crying alone on chirstmas eve.

he trying to keep silent so that the others scattered throughout the dorms couldn't hear him. but it was soon going to be time for someone to enter the roo-

the lights flickered on, jihoon being the person who turned them on. chan rolled over to face the wall, playing asleep and hoping jihoon wouldn't look over. "he tired himself out i guess.." chan heard jihoon mumble with a sigh, hearing the older quietly moving around the room, the sound of the curtains being shut was heard.

jihoon must have gotten all he needed, because the lights flickered off. but chan didn;t hear jihoon's footsteps leave, but rather coming closer to where his bed was placed.

coincidentally, chan picked the bottom bunk to sleep on, jihoon taking the one opposite of him.

jihoon approached chan quietly, adjusting the younger's blanket, leaning over chan to place a soft kiss on chan's hair. "merry christmas channie." another tear silently glided down chan's cheek, hitting his pillow and adding to the growing blotch of salty tears.

once jihoon pulled back, was when he noticed the tear tracks on chan's face, the slight light from outside the door reflecting off of the maknae's face.

jihoon let out a sigh and sat down next to where chan's body lay, immediately feeling the maknae tensing up.

"chan ah." jihoon let out quietly, not looking at the maknae. "you're not asleep aren't you." chan bit down on his lower lip, knowing that even if he said nothing, jihoon would know. "y-yeah.." chann cursed mentally when his voice cracked, feeling the tears form in his eyes again.

"you wanna talk?" jihoon finally looked down at chan, the maknae opening his eyes and making eye contact with the older. jihoon's heart cracked slightly at the sight of chan's teary eyes.

chan just shook his head at jihoon's question. the maknae sat up, the blanket falling from his shoulder. chan moved closer to jihoon, wrapping his arms around the smaller's waist, needing to feel the comfort of someone who he knew the cared for him.

jihoon tensed slightly before relaxing, wrapping his arms around chan, pulling the blanket back around chan's shoulders and then running his hand through the maknae's hair while humming softly.

chan sobbed silently, letting out all his feelings to his usually silent but comforting hyung. jihoon was someone who he grew up with, since jihoon was there when he first entered the company as a 14 year old.

jihoon hummed while calming down the youngest, letting him know that he's still there to listen.

soonyoung and seungkwan's loud voices were heard coming down the hall, bidding the others a good night.