𝟏𝟒. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐮𝐝

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒; 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐮𝐝
(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗏, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗃𝗈𝗄𝖾')

"𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐑 we reach an accommodation allowing us to go live our lives with integrity and honor

"𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐑 we reach an accommodation allowing us to go live our lives with integrity and honor." Bjorn Ironside sat in his chair leaning forward supporting his elbows on his thighs as he looked directly at his younger brothers who were sitting opposite him. "I call upon my brothers, Ivar..." the cripple remained stoic to no one's surprise. The eldest son turned to his other sibling. "Hvitserk." Sigyn looked down at her soon-to-be husband as she was leaning on his chair, the frown he was already sporting only deepen further. "Let's put aside our differences, for the sake of our father. A civil war can only bring tragedy, weaken our family and set in train a lifetime of revenge obligations for those who manage to survive. Is that really what you all want?"

The reunion to reach somewhat of a truce seemed like a useless effort. Neither the younger Lothbrok boys nor King Harald wanted to give in, their mind was already settled. However, Sigyn hoped for a less violent outcome — she probably should learn to stop hoping for so much though.

"I want to speak up and support Bjorn, and his call for a peaceful resolution." Ubbe spoke up from his sit. "It is true I set my face against my brother. But if you can forgive me, Ivar, let us make an accord."

Sigyn shifted uncomfortably in her spot, she didn't think Ivar the Boneless was capable of forgiveness — she didn't think he was capable of feeling anything besides anger.

"We are going to war for the kingdom of Kattegat." Largetha said. "The kingdom of Kattegat was carved out by my husband, Ragnar Lothbrook, and then by me." she stood up, her shoulders were pushed back and she had such confidence about her that was difficult to imagine her as anything else other than what she already was, a queen and a legend. "I am its rightful queen." the woman stated. "What we should be discussing is how we combine our great armies and direct them toward new lands, new conquests, and new opportunities. What a terrible pity to kill our young men for a piece of land which is already ours." once her speech was over, there was silence among the group. Everyone knew she had a good point, but beyond that, revenge ran a lot deeper than any greed for glory or treasures. "Astrid! I am happy to see you again." the queen's words visibly affected the dark-haired woman. "You too, Sigyn." the blonde nodded briefly to the young woman, then returned her intimidating gaze towards the newly crowned queen. "Whatever has happened, I don't want to fight you." Lagertha seemed genuine, but the silence continued. "Astrid!"

The woman in question required a few seconds to recompose herself before finally finding her voice. "I am married now. I am King Harald's wife."

The surprise in the great shieldmaiden's eyes was noticeable, and Harald and Ivar's victorious smirks were proof they were treasuring her reaction.