Chapter 9: Remember Who You Are

Mira…"

"Hmm?..." The silver-haired mage was snuggled up to Natsu under the covers, her eyes almost ready to close.

"I want you to promise that you're not going to do anything to Erza… in retaliation…"

That woke her up. "What?!"

"I know she's your rival," the dragon slayer replied quietly. "But you two need to let things cool down. People are starting to get hurt."

"Natsu, I'm not going to do anything that'll hurt anyone else…"

"Are you sure? What if those rumors you started about Jellal and Erza reached Jellal? Maybe he's still in love with her."

Mira blushed. "Nobody heard them except a select few in Fairy Tail…"

Natsu sighed. "Can you just promise… for me Mira?"

Mirajane sighed. "When you ask that way, how can I refuse?"

"I'd like to hear you say it then…"

"Alright, I promise Natsu."

Natsu kissed her. "Thanks. I love you, Mira…"

"I love you too… but you are so going to make this up to me… Tomorrow night."

"It's a deal." Natsu grinned.

~The next day, at the guild~

Erza, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Erza turned to the dragon slayer, her heart skipping a beat. "You want to talk to me?" She couldn't help noticing that Mirajane was nowhere to be seen.

"It'll only take a few minutes… somewhere private."

"Ok," Erza said. Going willingly to one of the rooms set off in the guild for private conversations.

Once inside, Natsu sat in one of the chairs while Erza sat not far away from him.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" she asked, adjusting to her most comfortable outfit.

"I need to ask you something… And I really, really hope you'll agree."

Erza's eyes got sparkly. Has their marriage gone bad already? "What is it Natsu?"

Natsu sighed. "This rivalry you have with Mira is spiraling out of control. She's already promised me that she would stop. I want you to promise the same."

Erza deflated visibly. "Oh…"

"Erza…" Natsu looked her in the eyes. "Other people are starting to get hurt. Do you have any idea how painful it was for Yukino when she tried to 'break the curse macro?'"

"It was just a little joke…" Erza said, looking down.

"Erza," Natsu picked her chin up, looking her in the eyes. "I know Mira is your rival, and that's good. But you need to remember who you are. The Erza I know would never hurt somebody else for a selfish rivalry. The Erza that I once loved would never have done that…"