TPM 13: Dumb Action

Miracle Verose Aderail

"After Aderail, they will attack Gumans," saad ko sabay turo sa mapa na dinala ni Renzen pagkatapos kong hingiin sa kanila 'yon kanina. I pointed my forefinger to another name of the Clan in the map. "Three weeks after that, they will target Wendell. The range of their plan is symmetrical to how they plot in attacking Luta. Every three weeks, another clan has to suffer."

The lands in the state of Finburgh are distinguished by the names of the Clans. The center of Finburgh is the only place that is owned by the royal family.

"We already noticed that pattern, and catering how they left a signature mark in every clan like a typhoon, that is the least to our concerns," said Renzen.

My attention focused on him. "But you failed to notice why they are targeting these clans, right? If you are thinking that they attack at random, you are wrong." I pointed our name on the map. "The Aderail in Finburgh are known in the business world. They owned different business enterprises, and their biggest asset was marketing. Aside from that, Count Merano Aderail has a lot of connections to the other big companies, which is his power in achieving these accomplishments.

"The Gold Reapers wanted to take control of their connections. By taking away the only lady of Aderail and using her to control the Count, they are a step away at fulfilling their plan. However, Miracle Verose Aderail has come to prevent it. They failed to secure the connections which deplete their forces and in need to recalibrate for another attack. Kung tutuusin, the Aderail was not part of their target list, but someone tipped them off that this clan can be put to good use."

"Kilala mo kung sino?" biglaang tanong ni Markus na nakaupo sa stool bar. Magkatabi lang kami at sabay na napatingin sa isa't isa. "Your stepsisters was abducted, and until now hindi pa sila nakikita. May kinalaman ba ang madrasta sa nangyayari?"

I simply shake my head. "Martha de Mayor. Due to her gambling addiction she has sold her soul to the pits of hell. She instructed her daughter Cecelia to seduce the Count and carry his surname after the Countess died. Buong akala nila na kapag naging parte sila ng Aderail, mababayaran na nila lahat ng kanilag utang, subalit mautak ang Ama.

"The only business my father has in his name is a restaurant in the center. It does have a high profit, but Cecelia can never hold even a single Zi out of it. All assets of Aderail are under my name and Caliber. Ang pera lang na napapasok sa mansion ay hinahati sa bawat miyembro ng pamilya."

"Oh, does it mean that this woman has a connection to the Gold Reapers?" Markus asked, curiosity evident in his eyes.

"The only thing I know is, she has a debt that hasn't been paid. That is why she used the heir of Aderail to bid for her sin. And since the plan backfired, and my stepsisters are compromised, Martha has to propose an alternative to pay off her debt in exchange for the lives of her grandchildren."

"And she used Caliber to threaten Manuel about where you are?" Napako ang tingin ko kay Dion ng magsalita siya. He was on the sofa as this discussion started. Hindi ko siya pinilit doon umupo subalit napapansin ko na iniwasan niyang maibalik ang nangyari kanina. At ito naman si Markus, umaakting na parang wala siyang nakita at todo dikit naman sa akin.

I gulped. Lagot tayo. "I told Manuel to tell Martha that someone was impersonating Verose. Martha took the bait and hoped that was true, because she needs me alive to save her family."

"We investigate the incident, they are actually hired goons to abduct the lady." Renzen was standing since we started discussing. Ako pa ata ang nangangalay sa ginagawa niya.

"Did you guys kill them all?" I curiously asked them. Napakamot sa batok si Markus habang nanatiling tahimik si Renzen. I put my palms together and closed my eyes. "Ah, rest in peace."