That Excitingly Dreadful Day

Morning light streamed through the classroom the day that Matt walked back into my life. I have to admit I know why most girls fall for him with his midnight hair that fell across his forehead which accented his beautiful sapphire eyes. And his body would make any girl swoon. Especially with his tight, V-neck shirt that showed off every definition of his toned body. Desire coursed through me as he scanned the room for an empty seat. I quickly crushed the feeling down and opened my book. Please don't sit here, please don't sit here, please don't sit here. I chanted over and over in my head, but I knew it was inevitable, I had the only open seat.

"Hello, Princess." Matt said, sliding his long frame in the seat next to mine. "We meet again."

I gazed at him a bit before answering. "I'm not a princess."

Matt chuckled a bit at my response. "Could have fooled me. You're as stunning as one."

Blushing, I returned to my book trying to ignore Matt staring at my face so intensely.

"What are you looking at?!" I snapped.

"You." He says raking his eyes up and down my slender frame slowly, like he was trying to memorize every curve of my body.

"Why?"

"I never noticed it before now."

My heart leaped into my throat. "Noticed what?"

"Just how beautiful you really are. You try to hide it under all those clothes but I see it." He winked his beautiful sapphire eye at me and had me blushing hard. "I wouldn't mind making you mine, Kat."

Clearing my throat, I spoke in a shaky voice. "That is never going to happen."

"And why is that, beautiful?" He knocked one knee against mine.

"Because I know what you'll want from me. Not going to happen. Ever."

"Oh, you're still on that kick, Kat?" He groaned. "Why do you think that's all I want? Why can't you see that it's you I want?"

"Isn't that what you say to all of your girlfriends? And that is all you want." I snapped back.

Leaning in he looked deep into my eyes, taking my hand in his. My mind collided to a stop with the feel of his warm hand radiating through my body. It was electrifying. "What I want, Kat," Matt spoke softly, for only me to hear. "Is you."

My heart beat a million miles a minute as he let go of my hand and turned towards the instructor that just walked through the classroom door and began to teach. He stayed focused the whole time, but I couldn't stop staring at Matt, and everyone in the class kept giving glances in my direction, wondering what was going on with Matt and me. I never heard a word the teacher said, I just watched the clock tick the hour away.

The bell finally rang and I picked up my books in a haze and headed towards the door, bumping into the frame on my way through, my books tumbled to the floor. I gathered them up ask quickely as I could, trying to avoid being trampled in the process, a piece of paper fluttered  from the pages of the my textbook.

When you finally come to the resolution that I'm not as bad as you think, call me. 555-236-8964.

-Matt