Chapter 7 Aftermath and vulnerability

Chapter 7 

( Expect more chapters from now and the next two weeks. I'm on break from work and school. Also there are def grammar errors and spelling mistakes. Keep in mind this hasn't been proofread because I'm exhausted and I don't have the energy.)

Part I

"William- are you sure this is the right thing to do??" I questioned, still being in William's embrace

"Darling you're lucky I still love you. It seems we've both got blood on our hands now" William hummed, rubbing his hand up and down my back. It felt nice.

"What's that supposed to mean" I mumbled

"Well, usually someone wouldn't love another if the person they're interested in killed one of their own friends" William sighed

"Ah.. I see.." I muttered under my breath, sinking into his embrace

"I'm proud of you darling, I didn't think you'd have it in you to do something like this. You've proven to me that I can trust you and love you" William sighed.

"So you're saying that if I didn't do this you wouldn't have loved or trusted me?" I questioned

How does that make any sense? It doesn't, it wouldn't make sense if he trusted me for being some kind of murderer who brutally slaughtered their own friend. It makes no sense. He pressured me into it, he wanted this. He wanted me to do this, I should've known from the start.

"Darling, I can assure you that nobody has ever loved you aside from myself. You were alone, sad and naive without me and look what you've become. I'm proud of you darling. I love you, so very much." William cooed. The look on his face felt so cold yet warm and loving at the same time. This man was the living definition of a contradiction.
Because of my emotions, as well as the fact that in the initial time I was furious enough and took out my anger on Marcel and that will never make my actions right. I ended someone's life. People loved Marcel, I loved him, in a platonic way, of course. How will his other friends feel? What would they do? How would they know?

"William, are you sure that this was the right thing to do? Did he really deserve to have his life ended" I protested as the expression on william's face darkened slightly

"My love, you didn't do anything wrong, I promise anyone and everyone would agree with me. You were simply teaching him a lesson and gave him what he deserved. He's hurt you countless times and not to mention he killed your dear Ayana and left her severed head on your front porch." William reassured.

Maybe he was right. Maybe he did deserve it. I do admit, after what Marcel had done, it was slightly satisfying to hear him scream in pain out of the consequences of his own actions. William is right, neither he and I had done anything wrong as simply these were the consequences of Marcel's actions.

I rested my head on his left side of his chest and felt his heartbeat. It was soothing. I then wrapped my arms around him, as his were still embracing me.

"Shall we go?" William suggested. I nodded in response and let go of the hug, as he did as well. I gripped his hand and stayed by his side.

I liked the feeling of being by his side and having him close to me. I liked being close to him. Despite his presence being rather cold, ruthless or lethiferous, I felt safe with him. He made me feel safe. I found it rather odd that I found him, of all people, HIM comforting. Considering tonight he might've presented his true colours to me, as a homicidal, violent, sadistic man. But then again, not once has he ever acted of such towards me. He's always been warm and kind towards me, treating me as if I deserved the world.

We made it to his vehicle. I scurried over to the passenger's side as William stepped into the driver's side, waiting to start the vehicle until after I'd gotten inside. I buckled the seatbelt as William did as well. He started the vehicle and swiftly pulled out from the area, driving down the road hidden in the trees.