I Can't Kiss You

Sam's pov*******

I was feeling down. Yesterday, I almost kissed her again. I made her uncomfortable. But at the time, I thought she finally knew what she wanted. She seemed to be leaning in too, so I thought she wanted it as bad as I did.

Angel, why can't I just...

It was torturous staying near her all the time, and I couldn't even look at her lips, let alone kiss them. If she were mine, I would've kissed her over and over again till all she knew and remembered was my name.

I was currently working on a Math problem and that's when I realized that I had a problem.
I didn't get a topic in Integration and Calculus.

My God.
Why now? Exams were starting soon and I just found out I was lagging behind in Maths.
Maths was never my favorite subject. In fact, it was my worst subject, but I always worked hard in it so I secured second best in the subject– Angel being the first all the time .

Ding!

That's it! Angel! Surely, she wouldn't mind tutoring the great Samuel Lenard right?

She came to my house as usual in the morning, and had breakfast with us before we set off for school.

"Angel, can I ask you a favor?"

She gasped like a drama queen "The great Samuel Lenard wants to ask me, a lowly grade C student as myself, a favor?"
I rolled my eyes "I'm having trouble in Maths, you see... And I was hoping you could teach me since the exams are coming up"
There was silence, then Angel snorted.
"Heh. Why am I not surprised? I can't actually say that I wasn't expecting this. Almighty Samuel Lenard dusting all the subjects except Maths, where he is beat by some Grade C student. Pfft."

"You're not just a Grade C student!" I retorted "You're an outstanding Mathematician!"

I noticed her ears redden and I felt something in my stomach churn.
The adorable stunned expression she wore on her face was priceless, and I just wanted to...
"Th-Thanks..." She muttered and turned away.
She suddenly turned back to face me "Sure. In the library during break. Sound good?"

I smiled and nodded my head in agreement. I was getting so pumped for our lesson.

_____________________________________________

I was in the class, talking with Oliver, going over some things in Chemistry, when I heard some familiar voices.

"Can you get his number?"
"What do you need his number for?"
"To play the lottery, what do you think?"
"Sorry..."

"Will you just get it?"
"I don't think he owns a phone"
"He's got to!"
"Okay, okay. I'll get his number..."
"Also, I don't know why it seems like you two are getting closer..."

I recognized the two voices. Richie and Cat girl.
Richie snapped "Why do you keep pestering him? He hates pests like you"
"I know"
"Stop hurting yourself. He's going to hurt you"
"I know"
"You should try avoiding him"
"I know"
"So... Do you guys hang out or something?"
"Umm... I was just... No... We don't really hang out much in school..."
"Hmm. I believe you. Anyway, don't forget his number, okay? Also, did you bring any snacks today?"

Angel laughed "You're such a foodie. I didn't bring any today..."
"Again?! What's wrong with you? Why do you keep forgetting?!"
"I'm sorry. You can have my lunch money, I'm not going to have lunch today"
"Awwn really?! You're the best friend ever!"

I didn't want to believe anything I just heard. I wanted to forget everything I just heard.
My Cat girl... Was being used.