Better Late Than Never

*One Year Later*

It’s a quarter to three and yet I am still half awake. I went to this familiar bed so late tonight or should I say so early this morning? Either way, I am so exhausted but my mind is still running at full speed. It’s not because I’ve been partying all night at the club or I went on a movie marathon with my girlfriends but because of someone who came into my life a year ago. 

He is that someone who made my life seems to be complete. He is my angel, the only person who could make me feel the way Harry did. He is indeed my Harry, my own little Harry. 

After about an hour of just lying in my bed, slowly dozing off to sleep, I heard him cry again. Despite the fact that all I want right now is a decent amount of sleep which I rarely get since I first laid out my eyes on him, I rose from bed and jogged to his crib which is slightly illuminated by the moon shining from the window. 

There is no denying. He really is from Harry. Everyone who would see him will definitely know he is. No words can describe how happy I am that he came into my life, yet I have to hide him from the millions of people who know me and his father especially now that Harry from what I’ve heard is happily married to the girl he chose to be with, Taylor. 

Now that I’m back here in London, I’ve been busy getting myself back in shape, for the first time in a year, I’ll be stepping to the world I loved so much, modeling. Gladly, Burberry and Victoria’s Secret wants me back after my long disappearance. 

I gently carried Harry to my bed and after humming a few lullabies, he was a sleeping angel again. I slowly laid him down on my bed at where exactly his father was sleeping a year ago. I lay down next to him and absentmindedly dozed off. 

After a few hours of sleep, I was awakened by a loud bang on my bedroom door. I abruptly got up and checked if Harry was disturbed from his slumber and when I saw him still on dreamland, I looked at the door and found Jake. I gave him a glare. 

“What? Get your lazy ass out of bed Cara! The VS show is next month! I don’t think you want to show up as a fat pig there.” He said being my sassy friend that he is. 

Jake and I met during my stay in France. We were the only British people in the neighborhood so we got on really well.  He was my rock during my pregnancy and he was the only one holding my hand during Harry’s birth. I am so lucky he came back to London with me and left his life in Paris. Now, he’s the one who keeps me motivated in my goal of getting back to my figure. He grabbed my arm and pushed me to my bathroom. 

“Go wash yourself before we head out. I’ll get this little man ready.” He winked at me before pushing me to my sink. 

I followed his command and brushed my hair and teeth. I changed into my yoga pants and sweats then tied my hair into a messy bun. When I got out and went down to the living room, Harry is now on his navy blue stroller and Jake’s standing right behind it. 

“Come on Jake! Let’s get going.” And with that, the two of us went straight to the door and started jogging while I drive Harry’s stroller. 

We were jogging for half an hour when I heard something growl. “Jake is that your?” I asked as I control myself from laughing. 

“Why are you staring at me like that? I’m human Cara! Come one. Let’s grab some breakfast.” He justified and led us to a nearby breakfast diner. 

The smell of bacon and pancakes never failed to trigger my appetite but I know Jake won’t allow me to eat as much as much as I wanted. He went to the counter and ordered for us while I searched for a table. When I found one, I sat down and placed Harry’s stroller next to my chair. I looked for his milk bottle in the bag Jake prepared and fed him until I heard a very familiar voice, a voice too familiar that even after a year of not hearing it, my heart still feels the pain.