His Possession, His Obsession

"You scared me to death, but I'm wasting my breath

'Cause you only listen to your fucking friends."

- Excerpt from Happier Than Ever by Billie Eillish

LORENZO ANTONOV

I've looked everywhere.

Absolutely everywhere for this woman.

I can't fucking find her.

I looked in the entirety of California, Nevada, Arizona, and Oregon. I'm now entering Washington.

Specifically Seattle since that's where her sister resides but I haven't found anything...

I put an order in to track down Chloe's car and I end up finding it in Seattle, which makes sense, but I can't find any signs of Brielle.

I've sent my own people to find her but they're turning up blank as well. It's very upsetting...

I'm stressed out... so fucking badly stressed out...

Mama is on my ass, completely pissed, that I ditched the wedding but I frankly don't care. I didn't tell that to her face before, you know, bad things happen but I'm more focused on finding Brielle.

I need her back, right fucking now.

The amount of money I've thrown at people to find her is insane.

I'm spending nearly 10K per day and right now I'm contemplating bringing in some of my allies to help me out.

Brielle is a human. Humans can't just disappear out of thin air. She's somewhere and I'm going to find her.

The fact that I can't find her, with my own people, says something and I'm terrified that something bad has happened to her.

I still want to know why she left me.

I've done everything for her and then, out of nowhere, gets up and leaves?

I want a fucking explanation.

A good and proper one at that.

I'm going to find her because I'm very worried.

Brielle is probably lost and confused plus she's been seen, publicly, with me and, just like how our relationship started, someone might get a taste of her and never let her go.

I have too many enemies for my own good.

- транс -

I'm sitting in my office and then the phone rings.

It better not be Mama.

I take the handset and put it next to my ears.

"Hello?" I say.

"Is this Lorenzo Antonov?" the person on the other line asks.

"Yes, I am."

"So, this is Ryan Maxwell from The Silent Death," Ryan says.

He's from the group I hired. He better have some good news.

"So, we've been looking into the girl that you wanted us to find and I'm pretty sure we found her, based on the photo description you gave us."

I smile. See, it's all worth it.

"That's great," I say, "Where is she?"

"So we found her at this address..." he says and stays silent for a while before continuing, "12032 3rd Avenue NE, Seattle, Washington 98125."