𝕚. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕆𝕗 𝕀𝕥 𝔸𝕝𝕝

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

"I sometimes hate your dark humor

"I sometimes hate your dark humor."

○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○+●+○

The Gonzales

A name famous around the city of Belleville, Illinois. There are many words to describe that name: boisterous, close-knit, devoted, fierce, powerful, influential, and so much more. The family was wealthy and well-respected.

Nathalie Grace Gonzales is the youngest of the family. A straight A+ student who played multiple instruments, was a talented singer, an amazing dancer, and an outstanding artist. She was expected to be a successful woman once she grows up. Being a Gonzales isn't as easy as you think. Growing up, Nathalie pushes herself to be the best she can be to please her parents because, from a young age, doing her best to be perfect in their eyes was not enough.

The family reputation started when Nathalie's grandfather was elected as mayor and his wife was the famous baker around the city. Junior, her father, is a businessman, and Alicia, her mother, is a teacher at their local school.

Nathalie's relationship with her parents is... okay? Yes, they do support her, but they show clear favoritism for their son, Miguel. Miguel feels guilty about it because he can see it as well. However, Nathalie said as long as he's not bragging about it, then she's okay.

Speaking of Miguel, the two were like twins, like two peas in a pod. They would help each other and have the others backs no matter what.

Ever since Nathalie and Miguel were still toddlers, the one that took care of them the most was their grandparents, causing them to have a strong attachment with them as they grow up. Teaching them how to ride a bike, how to bake, help with homework, play instruments, do arts and crafts, tell each other stories, and more. They were basically the parents she wished she had.

The Gonzales family also has a close relationship with their neighbor, The Fabrays.

Both families were each other's best friends. Junior and Russell, seeing as they were buddies since college; Alicia and Judy, always sharing the latest gossip around town; Miguel and Frannie, having the best boy-girl friendship ever, even if one is older than the other by a few years; and Nathalie and Lucy. Russell and Judy are even the kids' godparents.

Since they met, Nathalie has made an incredible sisterly bond with the Fabrays' youngest. They were each other's first friends in school and have been inseparable ever since. The young girl also has a strong relationship with Quinn's mother. Let's just say that she was the mom Nathalie longed for.

When her grandfather retired as mayor, everyone in the family noticed how he started shivering, became paler, and had shortness of breath. They took him to the doctor for a checkup and were told that he had an infection called sepsis. It's curable, but since he was found to be in stage 2, it's going to take some time for him to recover.