Your Hideous Regrets [5]

(a/n this is probably the slowest updates I've even made to a book. Then again this was a book started near the holidays! Also the views on the book was the reason for the lack of motivation...i kinda take in what i should prioritize by views and engagement ;-; now the motivation is just me ending up blanking out and time passing a lot)

TW/CW: Minor Angst

Words: 1.8k

It might be a late call to do Christmas shopping now, but it can work. I have ideas on how to get the others. I know they'll take whatever! I just want them to treasure and actually like the gift. I know they've been alone for most of the time. I mean someone can't be there 24/7 for them all. 

"So, what's on your to-get list?" The man questioned. 

"I know what I wanna get each of them." I spoke with great confidence. 

"That's good." He parked outside of a sports type store. 

"I have an idea what to get from this store." I beamed. 

"Wonderful, because I'm just going to be making random stops until you're done." He explained.

"Awesome!" I hurried out of the car and my father followed in pursuit. 

They actually had a skate section! It was exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking about how cool it would be for Chica to go ahead and skate around the kitchen. It's like a whole thing to do instead of casually walking. Imagine just rollerblades and going around cooking. Though the floors will definitely need to be taken care of properly. 

"Now who are you planning to give these?" It piqued his interest quite a bit. 

"For Chica! She can skate around while cooking." I put my hands to my hips, proud. 

"Well, I'm sure her AI will learn and accidents won't happen..." He gave a small, but concerned, smile. 

"Probably will!" I shrugged and let my arms rest on my sides. 

It wasn't long before I found the rollerblades that just highlighted Chica. It was absolutely incredible! It was her indeed. I know she will love this gift. At least I hope she does... I'm sure she will! I can't think down on that low chance.

I was nervous about the price for a quick moment. I did kinda forget that my father is a bit too rich. Dad was too actually... I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad! He'd say something I'm sure. 

"This!" I pointed at the skates in the display. 

"If that is what you want." He hummed. 

I was right on the whole he wouldn't mind. He didn't bat an eye with the price. I wanna be rich when I'm older now. Not worrying so much about money is awesome. I do feel bad for those who have to worry.

I'm honestly just so excited when they open their gifts! I just hope they'll like the things I get from them. I shouldn't be worried of course. I can't believe I'm still thinking this way. It truly is nerve wracking. I just have to be creative and thoughtful!

We exited the store and headed to the car. I was holding the box the skates were put in for safe keeping. I guess we just need wrapping paper for this. I hopped into the passenger's seat and tossed the box of rollerblades back a bit. 

"So where to next?" I was overflowing with excitement. 

"Well, first you should probably put on a seat belt and then you can calm down a bit." He chuckled. 

"Fine." I gave a little pout before complying. 

We practically drove everywhere. I don't even think I'm exaggerating it at all. Sure there were stores I got nothing from, but it wasn't too bad at all. I got everyone a gift that I thought suited them best. I could only hope I did well at deciding.