Chapter 3: The Forgotten Memories

It's been years since I woke up in this strange place. I woke up and I saw an unfamiliar face.

I can't remember anything.

Not my name.

Not my age.

Not my family...

I don't know where I came from.

I felt like a lost child in the middle of the streets. The only thing that I can only hold onto is the ring that was attached to my finger, it was the only proof that I have a family.

The old woman who saved me said that I am a mother.

She said that the constitution of my body when she saw me was so weak and it is a miracle that I survived that accident, and she also said that my weak body was a body of a woman who just gave birth to a child.

I believed her because she was known as a great doctor in this village. After all, I also have a wedding ring on my finger. It only means that I might have a husband.

So I waited for that 'Family' to come and get me...

But no one came.

I wanted to look for them by myself...

I tried...

But I lack money, I lack information, I lack memory, and I lack courage.

Every day felt like I was missing something.

It was kinda painful.

When the old doctor died, it was the time when I accepted that I might never see that family again.

The only thing that I could do is to continue living.

Sometimes, I wonder if my family doesn't want me anymore, or if they forgot about me. But most of the time, I was hoping that someone will come to the doors of this old cramped house... To look for me.

It felt like I was waiting for nothing...

I'm so lonely...

When old Doctor died, I was left alone. She told me to find my family with the money that she saved, but I don't know where to start...

It was until I stumbled upon this little boy named Louch.

He was like a lost puppy in the middle of the streets. He looks so sad and lonely... Let me be honest, I saw myself in him. That's why I decided to bring him home before looking for his parents.

But taking care of him made me happy... For the first time over those years that I felt alone, I feel that I am not empty anymore.

And it made me wonder... if I am really a 'Mother' and if I have a child like Louch...

Will be he be happy if they see me again?

I'm so scared of that thought...

And at the same time... I wanted to know...

Because no matter how scared I am, there is something inside of me that was always craving for my Family.

"Louch, do you miss your family?" I asked the boy who was sitting beside me.

The boy didn't reply.

"How about you, Matilda?" He asked me.

I became a silent for a moment. My eyes went to the night sky.

That question wasn't that complicated and I always know the answer.

Because even if I don't know who they are...