13.

R.e {Pov}

When he pressed his lips against mine.
My mind stopped working, nothing came to my mind, only the kiss, that was happening right now- at this moment.
I didn't know what to do.
Do I kiss back? Do I push him back?
Do- no, stop thinking about that.

I press my lips against his, closing my eyes slowly.

We kissed for 7 or more seconds until we had to part away our lips from each other in need of oxygen.

I took a big breath and open my eyes, only then I realized that we just kissed on the lips, with no one else but my enemy!

A deep shade of red appears on my cheeks.

German empire turns his head up, to look at me, I try to avoid his eye contact, only to fail.

The German empire looks straight into my eyes, not blinking, just staring at me.

We stare at each other.
I only then notice the dark red blush on his cheeks.

I thought about it for a while and decided to confront him about it.

"um..." I start.

He instantly turns to look at me as soon as I open my mouth.

"What..?" He asks me after some time.

"..." I stay silent, not knowing what to say, but after a while, I answer him.

"Your cheeks."

"What?" he looks at me confused.

"Your cheeks! They are-" I cut myself off "-they are dark red!"

"what do you mean!?" he asks me, knowing perfectly well what I am talking about.

"you know very well what I am talking about!" I snap at him "Your blushing!"

He looks at me with wide surprised eyes.
"Oh? So you aren't?" He asks me, looking deeply into my eyes.

I blush even harder than I did before.
Why do I feel this way!? Why? I ask myself over and over again.

He seems to have noticed that I have spaced out for a while now.

"Russian empire!" He yells my name

"What?! What do you need?!" I yell back

"Answer me." He coldly says, looking at me with his cold unforgiving eyes, but wasn't that how people described my eyes? I ask myself.

But perhaps people described the German empire like that too? He already knew the answer to this question, -they did, he heard enough rumors to know that.

I didn't even notice that I zoned out again.

"Russian empire!" He yells my name with his hand on my shoulder.

I look at him with a confused look.

"I told you already! Answer the question." He says to me.

Instead, I stay silent.

"Fine, I am...sorry." he apologizes to me, which makes my eyes widen.

"Why are you apologizing?" I ask him completely forgetting about the kiss.

"Don't make me say it!" He yells back, blushing even more.
"Oh," I say out loud, remembering.

He looks into my eyes, but as soon as we make eye contact he turns away.

"So..why are we sitting here?" He asks me.

"We are waiting for my son, I know he will come up here," I explain to him.

"Well, what if he doesn't?" He asks me

"He will." I state to him, but then add "and if he doesn't, where will he go? home? We would see him doing that."

That probably made no sense to the German empire, because his face was confused as it was before, but he didn't say anything this time.

An hour or two passed, and they still didn't say a word about the kiss that they had not too long ago.

They didn't notice that they were talking about their life until now, of course, they knew they were talking to each other.
What would they be doing for an hour or two after all? They just didn't realize they got too personal into the talk.

"-you know how it is right?" he asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I ask him, not knowing what the talk is about.

"Were you even listening?" he asks me.

"No," I admit "I was thinking about things."

"I was asking if you know how it is with overthinking if you're a good parent, but I think.." he cuts himself off. "..you know how it is."

We stay silent for a minute or two, until The German empire asks me something unexpected.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks me, his eyes opening wide as soon as he said it, he probably didn't mean to say it out loud, but that didn't fail to shock me.

"...what?.." I ask him, my eyes wide open.

"..can I kiss you?" He repeats, more silently this time.

"Yes," I answered, which surprised both of us.

We looked at each other for a while, until German empire closed the distance between us.

When we kissed, again and again, it felt magical, it wasn't supposed to feel like that.

But it did, and he couldn't help it.

He didn't know how many times did they kiss but they just couldn't stop, every time they parted away their lips always met once again.

"Dad?" I heard a voice call out.