Chapter Five, System

"B-a-r-k, b-a-r-k, b-a-r..." My alarm from my phone goes off, waking me up.

Getting out of my bed and then went to the bathroom. I just stand in front of the mirror, looking at my appearance. Tracing my hand over my first tattoo. The Rose Dragons Mafia Omega Tattoo is on my shoulder. It's a dragon and two roses; the two roses represent being in the top brace. But for an average Rose Dragon member, there would only be a dragon and a single rose, not a double.

Then my fingers go over my right collarbone, where my three butterflies are. Those butterflies represent the three people who died for me and who I deeply cared about. My mom died protecting me from her own twin. Domoto Natsue sacrificed his own life for mine. Ametsuchi Ruru took a bullet meant for me.

Next, my hand goes to the scars that litter my left arm. When I was fourteen, I got captured. While being held, they tortured me for information about The Rose Dragons. The thing about the interrogation was that they only targeted one part of the body to inflict the most pain upon the person. Of course, Natsue left me there for forty-eight hours to test and show me what it's like on the other end of the bars.

Snapping out of it, splashing the cold water on my face, makes me shiver, but it wakes me up. Causing my eyes to land on my pale white skin and natural black hair that goes well with my rare cobalt blue eyes. It makes me think how much they have been missing me throughout these years. Will they even accept the person I am now instead of the innocent girl they lost twelve years ago?

Being me, I got dressed in a light gray blouse and black wavy dress pants that go well with my silver butterfly necklace. Next, after clothes, I apply my waterproof makeup. So no one can see my tattoos and scars. People tend to pity me when they see my different scars. I just hate it when people just look at me.

R-i-n-g, R-i-n-g, my phone goes off. Seeing that it's Clover calling me, I accept the call. "Hey, Clover, what's going on?" I presented in a chirpy mood as I prepared to leave my apartment.

"Elma. I wanted to inform you that Mila has been cleared," Clover announced good news over the phone. My adorable black fluffy purebred labrador, Mila. Will finally join me in Italy. I feel bad for not taking her, but she had thrown up that evening.

"Thank you, Clover. And make sure to send Mila to headquarters." I dictated strongly, relaying my orders.

"Yes, Donna and your weapons should be ar-riving...." There were some computer clicks in the background. "By this afternoon with Mila's stuff." Clover finished her sentence.

"Got it," I replied before hanging up the call and grabbing my new car keys off the hook.

It takes me an hour and fifteen to get to the new headquarters from my apartment. Today I thought about checking out the mansion, but I have to be careful since it's near my family's house. The purpose of having the base near my family's home. So I can just slip away without them noticing. Also, to tell the truth. I don't care about being eighteen to drive; if I get caught, it's really easy to get myself out. Being The Mafia Queen had its perks.

It looks like Brooklyn has got the basic stuff set up already. Man! I love how fast those twins work. Pulling up to Benedict, he is one of the main guards from the old base. "Hi, Benedict!" I declared to myself as I leaned against the car door with my window open.

"Hi, Boss. New Car?" Benedict questioned me with interest.

"Yes," I said harshly in a cold, non-emotional state as Benedict the button to open the metal gate.

Pushing the accelerator pedal in the car and pulling up to the third garage door from the front door. Parking my new shiny black car and headed towards the front door. "COME ON, DOOR!" I yelled with so much frustration at the door.