Chapter 6: ~*Detective Work Pt 1.*~

*NOT PROOFREAD*
~*//////////////////////*~

Vera sat sideways on Wednesdays reading chair, her legs thrown over the armrest of the chair as Wednesday typed away on her typewriter, every few minutes throwing away a paper. A thick book had long since been discarded in Vera's lap as she let her head hang over the chair, listening to the music playing quietly.

"You know I never asked why you had a disembodied hand,"  Vera was met with silence. "How does he work?" Silence again. "Is there something you needed me for?" Vera huffed.

"A little quiet would be nice." Wednesday spoke.

"Well if this is supposed to be our investigation time it's quite frankly getting nothing done." Vera groaned.

"I'm thinking." Wednesday snapped, Vera could tell the girl was glaring without her having to turn around.

Picking up the picture again Wednesday stared at it for a moment before noticing something in the corner, looking back at Vera and then back at the paper.

"I have a plan."

~*//////////////////////*~

Vera sat next to Amelie, who was fully concentrated on the computer that sat in front of her, typing out something. Shifting in her seat Vera glanced in Amelie's direction a few times, directing her attention back to the photos on the iPad before her before sighing and turning it off.

"Ame?" Vera spoke quietly, almost a whisper.

"Hm?" The girl hummed, still typing away on the computer.

"Did you hear about, you know Rowan?" Vera turned to her, tilting her head with the question.

Amelie wasn't one of her very close friends, but they were close enough when they were alone with one another. Vera thought she was similar to how she portrayed her mother to be, no matter how much she stated her displeasure with the woman. They both carried themselves in way that insinuated there was nothing out of the ordinary about them. Vera had met Amelie's mother twice, and both times the woman seemed to judge Vera's every move. If it wasn't shown in her face you could see it in her eyes. Vera didn't care for Amelie's mother much.

"Earth to Vera??" Amelie waved her hand in Vera's face, regaining the girls attention.

"Pardon?" Vera shook her head her attention back on Amelie.

"If you'd been listening you would've heard me say there's no way you believe that rumor right?" Amelie turned her full body to face the girl, her eyebrow quirked in an almost judgmental way.

"Don't look at me like that!" Vera huffed rubbing her hands over her face.

"Like what?" Amelie questioned, once again making the face.

"Like you're judging me." Vera dragged her hands down, looking over at Amelie. "It's just, I know what I saw Ame.." Vera played with her nails, which were a lot longer and sharper which she just noticed.

"Fine, I'll agree with you just this once, but can we please work on the yearbook a little longer before you start grilling me?" Amelie patted the girls hands before turning back to the computer.