Charming genie (Caught you!)

Y/n's pov

We woke up earlier today. It's time to stop this masquerade.

Floyd was in charge of breakfast so we went to wake Kalim up before Jamil could.

"Good morning, Kalim."

"Mm... Izzat you, Jamil? Morning..."

"No, it's Jade. Though our names do sound a bit similar. Heh."

"Wait... What? What are you all doing here?"

"I've brought some tea to wake you up and a change of clothes. Now rise and come with me, if you please."

"Huh? Wha? What's going on? Where's Jamil?"

"Don't worry. We're perfectly capable of helping you get dressed without him."As if on cue, someone knocked on the door and entered "Kalim, it's time to...what?! Azul? Jade? Grim...and Y/n?! What are you doing in Kalim's room?!"

"Hi, Jamil~" I smiled.

"You're welcome to sleep in today. In fact, I encourage it. We'll be taking care of Kalim starting now until the end of break." Azul said.

"What?!"

"After our chat last night, we realized something. Who's the busiest guy in this dorm?"

"It's Jamil, of course!" I said.

"We've been taking advantage of Scarabia's hospitality during our stay, you see. So we'd like to pay it back somehow." Jade added.

"You can call us the Jamil Support Squad!" Grim continued.

"Aren't we right, Kalim?" I asked him, already knowing his answer.

"OOOH! That's BRILLIANT! I've been thinking for ages about how I wish I could make Jamil's job easier!"

"Your compassion is a touching thing to behold, Kalim. Would that Azul could take a page from your book."

"Ha ha ha. You just had to get in a dig, didn't you, Jade? Anyway, allow us to handle matters here. You can kick back and take it easy, Jamil."

"By all means, take them up on it, Jamil! This is great for you!"

I pushed his back, forcing him out of the room "Now, let's go. Shall we get you back to bed or would you like to have breakfast?"

"Breakfast?!"

"Okay, let's go!"

We arrived in the lounge where we found Floyd making the last directives for breakfast.

"B-breakfast is already made?! Did you do this, Floyd?"

"G'morning, Sea Snake! Yup, me 'n the minnows took care of it. Azul was goin' on about how much he wanted to help you."

"But... But I can't put our guests to work."

"Just accept it, darling~" I said.

Jamil tried to stay focus "B-But Kalim can only eat food prepared by me. It could be poisoned."

"Woah, trust issues... You don't even trust us." I feigned being hurt.

"If it gets Jamil's Poison-Free Seal of Approval, I'm sure Sea Otter will eat it right up."

Jamil frowned "You have a point, but still..."

"Vice Housewarden, could you taste-test these grilled vegetables?" "I think this soup came out nicely. What do you think, sir?"

"Rgh... Fine. I'll test them all myself. Actually, are we prepared for our morning oasis trek? Usually, breakfast comes AFTER the march."

Azul made his entrance "Ah, about that. As housewarden of Octavinelle... I've given my fellow housewarden Kalim an alternate proposal."