The System 2.0

*knock**knock* *knock**knock* *knock*

It was early in the morning and I was only a couple hours into my sleep when I heard a knock at the door. I didn't want to get up until I recognized literally the only person who knocks like that.

Langston

I put on my slides and jogged to the door. Opening the door I let Langston in, he had that serious look on his face again, wonder what it is this time.

"L/N, The System has improved once again. You won't believe the astronomical improvements that have been made." "Dang, you make sounds like there was a breakthrough, what is it?" "A breakthrough it was indeed, you now can improve any player currently on an NBA or G-League roster." "Wait what? That's crazy, you mean I can like make DeMar DeRozan actually good at shooting threes?" "DeRozan, Westbrook, Antetokounmpo, it doesn't matter. They can all be as good as shooting threes like you."

"Langston this is insane." "That not all L/N, I'm sure you've heard of the video game NBA2K, yes?" "Of course, who hasn't" "It seems sometime in the future The System will change into something like that and you'll have complete control of the NBA essentially. If you make a trade, that trade will occur in real life." "You're joking, there's no way." "I assure you this is all true L/N, only catch being that you can only upgrade one player per team that's not your on per upgrade period and they can't be an overall higher than yours. Now, I must take my leave so I can monitor The System's progress. I update you immediately like I said before. Also, before so forget, The System has a new interface so it should look different than before. Alright, Goodbye."

And like that, Langston was back out the door. I sat on my couch and decided to boot up The System. It definitely looked different that was for sure. It looked like it updated from 2K18 to 2K22. What was now different was that on the Home Screen it showed statistics of players and teams, current standings, recent transactions, and who was in the lead for awards like DPOY and MVP.

There weren't many trades, in fact only one trade had happened since I was traded with Mudiay to the Wizards. The Rockets traded Eric Gordon to the Heat for Duncan Robinson and a second round pick. Going back to the Home Screen I decided to check on the league stats.

PPG Leaders
Luka Doncic - 34.9 PPG
Steph Curry - 31.3 PPG
Devin Booker - 31.1 PPG
Donovan Mitchell - 30.2 PPG
Bradley Beal - 30.1 PPG
RPG Leaders
Nikola Jokic - 13.7 RPG
Rudy Gobert - 13.6 RPG
Jarrett Allen - 13.2 RPG
Clint Capela - 12.7 RPG
Giannis Antetokounmpo - 12.5 RPG
APG Leaders
Ben Simmons - 10.6 APG
Trae Young - 10.2 APG
Draymond Green - 9.7 APG
Chris Paul - 9.5 APG
Nikola Jokic - 9.0 APG
SPG Leaders
Dejounte Murray - 2.5 SPG
Matisse Thybulle - 2.4 SPG
Jrue Holiday - 2.3 APG
Nikola Jokic - 2.1 APG
Fred VanVleet - 2.1 APG
BPG Leaders
Rudy Gobert - 2.8 BPG
Anthony Davis - 2.6 BPG
Johnathan Isaac - 2.5 BPG
Mitchell Robinson - 2.3 BPG
Jarrett Allen - 2.3 BPG

It was pretty much expected to have certain players on top of certain categories. Luka is probably one of if not the best scorer in the league, and Rudy Gobert has been DPOY multiple times for a reason.

When came down to who I wanted to upgrade, I decided to look at who hasn't been as good as they should be lately. Then I just picked favorites from there. The first team up was the 76ers, since they came first on The System. I decided to upgrade the 3&D legend himself Danny Green.

Danny Green
3 PT: 80 -> 99
Perimeter Defense: 85 -> 99
Steal: 63 -> 99
Offensive Consistency: 35 -> 90
Speed: 59 -> 85
Shot IQ: 60 -> 85
Speed w/ Ball: 59 -> 85
Acceleration: 59 -> 85
Stamina: 75 -> 85
Limitless Spot-Up Gold
Clamps Gold
Difficult Shots Silver
Deadeye Silver
Set Shooter Silver
Blinders Silver
Overall: 74 -> 80