Washington Wizards

Since almost every player mentioned from here on is real, I won't be putting them in italics anymore.

"and speaking of the Wizards, what do you think about this recent trade by them?" "Honestly, I can see the potential of the trade and why the Wizards went through with it. L/N and Mudiay have been spectacular for the Timberwolves in the G-League, so I'm not surprised they went ahead took advantage of that to acquire someone already proven like Kyle Kuzma." "Shaq? What about you?" "I think Mudiay is a great pick up for these guys, they need shooting and he'll bring it. L/N is a raw talent and will need to prove himself and the next level, but if he can I see this trade as a win-win for both sides."

I shut my TV off after listening to what been said about the Wizards acquiring me and Mudiay. It's been either neutral or just plain negative. I don't blame them though, I was averaging about 12 PTS per game. Not exactly Isaiah Thomas-like G-League stats, but I mean I was consistent, so maybe that's what they needed.

The NBA season was around 25 games in, the Wizards were 9-16. Not great, but could be worse. Our first game came against the 7-16 Detroit Pistons, and with the 18 minutes I was told I'd be given, I wanted to show out.

The feeling of an NBA was a lot different than a G-League one. American Express stadium was just about full and it was much louder. I check into the game in the first quarter with about 5 minutes left. We were up 19-16. Mudiay passes the ball to Bradley Beal who tosses it to Daniel Gafford. Gafford posts up at the free throw line, I knew this was my sign to use a screen and go to three point line. I used the screen and caught the pass from Gafford. I shot the ball and put my first NBA shot and made it.

"-and a nice shot by L/N off a Gafford assist." "They are shooting the lights out here early" "That there would be Y/N L/N's first NBA basket, and probably the first of many."

I got back and defense and guarded Jerami Grant. He gets a pass from Saben Lee and attempts a three. I'm right there and contest it, he misses the shot. I ran down the court beating Grant and Beal quickly found me in stride for a layup. On the other side, Frank Jackson attempts a pass to Marvin Bagley III but it's picked off by Rui Hachimura. Hachimura passes it to me and I dish it to Beal. Beal gets a screen from Gafford and drives to the hoop. Beal gathers then gets an incredible poster on Jerami Grant.

Lee greens a mid range shot and we get the ball once again. Mudiay finds Hachimura cutting to the basket and finds him for a dunk. Lee and Grant set up a pick and roll. I decide to fall back and pick up Lee who was now driving to the basket. I was easily able to contest his shot due to his size forcing him to miss. Hachimura misses and the Pistons get the ball stolen. Beal finds me cutting again as I blow by Luka Garza and get the dunk. Grant gets the ball and attempts to blow by me but I stuck with him. He goes up for a layup and I was there but Gafford tried to help as well which got him called for a foul. Grant greens both free throws. On the other end I find Mudiay and he drives for a dunk. Grant misses again. Hachimura gives Mudiay a screen an he makes a contested layup, he's just so good at those for some reason.

Bagley III spins around Gafford for a layup. Gafford dishes the ball to me on the other end and I shoot another three and make it. Garza misses a three and Gafford greens a mid range shot off of and assist from me. The first quarter ends there.

I check back in with 6:10 left in the second. We lead 51-42. Grant attempts a hook shot but is fouled by Hachimura. He makes both free throws. I cut to the basket and attempt a layup seemingly unguarded but Isaiah Stewart blows my shot from behind. Mudiay find Hachimura for a dunk on Garza. Grant misses a floater he attempted over my head. Gafford greens another mid range shot, I had no idea he was that good from mid range. Frank Jackson gets a screen and beat Beal to the hoop and dunks it. At the end of the shot clock I try and attempt some sort of shot but I am fouled by Grant. Gafford makes a layup off a pass from Hachimura. Both teams misses a couple times then Hachimura uses his size to score on Jackson. Hachimura blocks Jackson's shot. Gafford give Mudiay a screen and he uses it to score.

I didn't get much play time in the second and walked to the away lockers after shaking hands with players and coaches. Sitting down I checked my stats:

Game Performance:
17 PTS, 4 REB, 4 AST, 1 BLK
13 Points Earned

I nod as I was satisfied with my debut in the NBA. I checked on Mudiay's stats and in 21 minutes he scored 10 PTS had 4 AST and a STL. Not surprisingly, Bradley Beal had 36 PTS. I used all 13 PTS on my mid range scoring and gathered my stuff to leave.

Mid Range Shot increased!
60 -> 73

Once I got home, I decided to use my spins. I had 5 available since I stay forgetting to use them.

Free Spin Results:
Congratulations you have unlocked the following:
Bronze Set Shooter
Silver Deadeye
Bronze Stop & Pop
Bronze Break Starter
Bronze Difficult Shots

After using my spins, I sat on my couch and turned the TV back on. While drinking my Gatorade I watched the post-game report. "-next we have the Wizards who won 125-104 against the Pistons, what do you think Kenny?" "Bradley Beal did what Bradley does and that's score. He seemed unstoppable out there and the Pistons had no answer." "Chuck?" "Well Raul Neto had a good outing, I would too if my starting spot was in question. I think the bigger story here however was Y/N L/N." "Yes, 17 points in his debut on 7/13 shooting is pretty good. He shot the ball well and I think that there's definitely a lot he can bring to the team. Well folks that's all the time we have as of now, see you in a bit for tonight's games."

I turned the TV off with a smile on my face. Things were going great they were only going to get better.