twenty ; arabella styles

t w e n t y ; arabella styles

My stomach growled for the nth time, waking me up due to how uncomfortable it was making me. A vomiting sensation began to muster up at the bottom of my throat, begging to either be released or relaxed with a glass of warm water.

I pushed myself off the couch and carefully made my way to the kitchen. It was dark outside, due to the storm clouds, that I thought it was still very early in the morning. It was actually 12 in the afternoon. Sighing, I filled a glass of water with nearly hot water and sipped on it, somewhat soothing my stomach ache.

I looked around the quiet flat and my eyes landed on the dinner Louis and I had cooked together. So much for making last night special. I screwed it up, as usual, and the food went to waste.

Disappointed with myself, I threw away the food and got started on breakfast. Niall probably has a hangover from last night.

I started on pancakes before moving onto cutting up fruits. A little birdy had told me that this was Niall's ideal hangover breakfast. Of course, I wanted to make it perfect so he didn't feel uncomfortable.

Thunder rumbled in the distance, making me jump. What startled me more was the loud groan that came from Niall as he stumbled towards the dining table. He looked horrible.

"Hey," I mumbled, taking his breakfast to him, "you doing alright? Did you take the medication I set out for you?"

"I did. Thanks." He muttered, lifting his head off the table to devour his food. I brought over two mugs of peppermint tea and sat across from him, sliding his tea towards him. "Where's your food?"

"Not feeling too great. I've a stomach ache." I shrugged. He hummed and continued eating, not making eye contact with me at all. I frowned, knowing that he was really hurt. A flash of lightening illuminated the flat, making me jump once again. "Ni, I really am sorry about last night. Charles had no right to kiss my cheek in front of you and, to be honest, I know I didn't pull away fast enough. Even knowing how much you don't like him, I wasn't able to pull away fast enough for you."

"I really don't want to talk about this right now, Arabella."

"We need to talk about it soon because I don't want it to put any differences between us."

"Too late for that, huh?" He snapped, pushing his plate aside and getting up from his seat, "I have to shower."

"Finish your tea at least."

He picked up his mug and walked towards my room, closing the door behind him. I sighed and cleared the table before taking my seat at the table again. I watched as the clouds got darker and the rain started to come down hard. This weather matched my mood at the moment.

There was a weird vibe surrounding me and I hated the feeling it gave me. Like, something terrible was going to, or has, happened. It was very unsettling.

Eventually, I made my way back to the couch and put on the weather channel, disappointed that the weather was going to stay like this for a few days now. I squealed when the front door swung open as soon as another rumble of thunder shook the flat.

Louis stormed in, wet hair pressed flat against his forehead and eyes blazing with a fire I've never seen before.

"Where the hell is he?" He spat.

"Niall? He's in the shower. Has a bit of a hangover."

"Wait until that fucking prick comes out." Louis mumbled to himself.

"Lou, have a seat," I soothed, carefully taking him by the arm and leading him to the couch, "why are you so furious? What happened?"

"You don't know?" He whispered.