Chapter 20

The dance had been going on for about an hour and all I could focus on was Scarlett and Tyler. The way he touched her infuriated me, How could she take him was the only thing I kept thinking.

"Hey" Blake walked up to me.

"Hi" I spat.

"I know man, but right now there is nothing we can do" He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Is everyone having a good time" Nicole said into the mic. The crowd cheered "Okay well it is now time to announce Duke and Duchess of the Valentines day dance" Nicole squealed at the end. I smirked, I had forgotten about my plan.

"Hope your plan works out for you" Blake said then he walked over to Kennedy. "And your Duke is.......................DAIMEON!" She yelled and I smirked as I walked up on stage. I looked at Scarlett who was angrily speaking to Tyler and I wondered if it was a situation I needed to step into.

Scarlett's POV

"Don't touch me again" I said as I pushed Tyler away.

"Come on Baby, I'm just trying to have a little fun" He said as he pulled my hips to him.

"Putting your hand up my skirt is not fun. I was wrong to bring you here" I said as they announced Daimeon as the Duke.

"Well to bad I'm going to be the only guy to ever want to touch you, you fat shit" Tyler said. It stung, "That's not true, I am beautiful and any guy would be lucky to be with me" I was close to tears.

"Yeah okay, your fat and ugly, why do you think you've been single for your whole life. Guys are repulsed by you, look at you, your best friend is super sexy and your just the fat friend she keeps around to make herself feel better" He smirked and crossed his arms. I was about to cry because he pointed out all my insecurities and I couldn't do anything. I was once this strong woman and now I keep going back to the guy that tried to rape me twice and is mentally abusive, but he is right no other man will love me.

"SCARLETT!" I look up to see everyone staring at me.

"Congrats you won" Kennedy runs up and hugs me. I look up to Daimeon who is already on stage, we make eye contact and his smile immediately drops. Nicole puts the crown on my head, "It is now time for the Duke and Duchess dance." Daimeon grabs my hand and leads me to the dance floor, I am grateful for him doing that because I am so lost in my own insecure thoughts to even know how to move.

"Scar, you okay" Daimeon says as we start to sway back and forth. I can't possible look at him, I know as soon as I do I'm going to break down. Slowly other people start to join us on the dance floor. Once we are in the crowd and no one is looking at us, I look up at him. I shake my head no and he pulls me close, I couldn't hold it back and I begin to sob. He held me tight and when the song ended he lead me outside and we sat at a picnic table.

"Here, its chilly" He handed me my jacket, and sat down next to me.

"I'm so sorry" I sniffled "I left because I was scared and the thought of you terrified me. When I got to California, I met a bunch of people who were lost just like me and they really helped. The guy you saw me with, he wasn't interested in me. He is gay and I gave him advice and he gave me an innocent kiss as a thank you. The thing is my whole life I prepared myself to deal with the pain, I was strong because I came to terms that no man will ever love me. I believe that I am not pretty, smart or good enough for any man. Then Tyler happened and I realized that, only terrible men will love me because I am a terrible person. Then you yelled that no one will ever love me, the fact is I said that to myself every single day. It hurt worse because I care what you think. I didn't realize how much I cared until we were fighting and it felt like my heart was being crushed. I panicked and called Tyler and pushed you out because then I would no longer get hurt. Tonight though Tyler tried to get up my skirt and I stopped him but he told me that he would be the only man to ever want to touch a fatty like me and I could no longer be strong." I began to cry again and Daimeon pulled me close and rubbed my back.

"I didn't mean those things I said, I regretted them as soon as I said them, you just make me crazy in the best way possible. I understand why you went to California, I just wish you stayed so we could have talked things out, and I wish I knew that guy was gay. But that's the past now, and you are worthy of the most amazing love because you are the most amazing woman I have ever met. I think you are beautiful and Tyler is going to pay" Daimeon released me and quickly got up, I followed him inside.

"There you are sugar, come here daddy needs something sweet" Tyler walked towards me but Daimeon punched him. Tyler hit the floor unconscious, Daimeon grabbed my hand and we briskly walked out, with D and Blake trying to catch up. We got into the car and drove off, "Umm, What about Nicole?" D asked from the backseat.

"Shit" Daimeon muttered and pulled out his phone.

"Nicole I left with Scarlett, sorry" Daimeon said into his phone, then we all heard high pitch screaming.

"Yes, I understand, sorry again" He ended the call.

"She is getting a ride with one of her friends" He told D. When we arrived at home D looked at me worried and I gave her a reassuring smile. She grabbed my hand as we walked inside and gave it a little squeeze then her and Blake walked upstairs.

"Come on" Daimeon motioned me to follow him. We walked into the kitchen and he started to make something, I jumped up on the counter not looking at him.

"Thank You" I quietly said. He stopped and turned around to look at me, "for what?"

"Being there" I still didn't look up at his face.

"Scar, I will always be there for you" He walked over to me and lightly pushed my chin so I was looking him in the eyes.

"Also for punching Tyler" I smirked.

"Now that was more for me" he chuckled "I didn't even hit him that hard"

"He's just a wuss" I smiled and Daimeon just stared at me. I didn't realize that he was standing in between my legs and his hand was lightly resting on my neck while the other was resting on the counter next to my leg.

"I love it when you smile" he said all serious. I looked him in the eye and gently grabbed his neck pulling him closer, we kissed. It started off gentle and became more passionate, his one hand grabbed my waist and his other cupped my chin. My arms wrapped around him and I pushed my body closer to him as the kiss became deeper.

We pulled apart panting a little, he smirked as he rested his forehead against mine.

"Wow" I was lost in the passion of the kiss. He walked over to the microwave and continued making whatever he was making before. I grabbed the edge of the counter to steady myself, that kiss made me unbalanced if I was standing I would not be able to stand right now.

"Here" He handed me a mug with a huge smile on his face. I looked in the mug then smelled it, it is Hot Coco.

"Thanks" I grab the mug.

"I figured you needed something warm to comfort you after what happened at the dance."

"Thanks, I actual forgot about the dance" I look down at the mug not wanting to see his smug face.

"Come on" I could here the smile in his voice, I slid off the counter and followed him upstairs.

"I think we should have a movie night but first you need PJs, so we should change" He said as he walked into our closet.

Daimeon's POV

I walk into the closet to find sweatpants and to give myself a moment to collect myself from that amazing kiss. Just as I regain myself and find my favorite sweatpants Scarlett walks in, in just a bra, underwear and heals. She hangs up her dress and I can't help but watch her look through her clothes. She finds a baggy t-shirt and a pair of booty shorts, I watch her walk out. I quickly change and walk out nonchalantly. She walks out of the bathroom, all of her make-up gone and her hair in a ponytail, I just stare at her.

"What" she asks embarrassed.

"Have I told you how gorgeous you are" I ask. She laughs nervously, "No but I already know how sexy gorgeous I am" She laughs and winks.

We walk downstairs to see Kennedy and Blake sitting in the living room, "Movie Night" Scarlett asks them and Kennedy nods.

"You guys go ahead, Blake and I will get the snacks" I tell them, Scarlett raises her hot coco and walks into the movie room.