chapter two (past)

Daily reminder to spam my comments.

We made it into his home, shutting and locking the door after him.

"Welcome in. Now here's some rules you'll-"

"Ohhh, wow wow WOW~" I did a 360° looking around his large house with stars in my eyes. "Sir, your home is beautiful!"

"Yes." He said. "I'm well aware. Now, as I was saying, tonight you may tidy up the second level. All but my room, of course. It's the door down the main hall at the end." He explained while shedding the outer layer of his clothes.

"Right. Thank you." I nodded.

"Yes," he turned to me. "After all of your chores and such are done you can take your rest for the night here in the sitting room. Understood?"

"Understood, sir."

"Great. I'll be off." He said an enthusiastically and set out to what I assumed was his room.

I turned into the kitchen and went in, trying to fetch some cleaning supplies. I searched for what felt like decades until I found a duster and a mop. Not the best, but it'll work.

I retrieved the items and went onto the second floor, ready to scrub it down and make it shine.

I mop determined to earn my pay fair and square.

Mopping, and Mopping. I was only for 20 or so minutes when I heard a Ruckus somewhere behind me.

I turned the corner to see down the hall, there was a door cracked open. From the crack light spilled onto the floor and got tangled in the thred of the rug.

Just then I heard a scream of fear scratch out of the room. It was Mr. Scrooge.

I gasped in surprise, but that feeling only melted into concern and fear for my boss.

I wasted no time making a dash to the door like a mad man. "Don't worry sir! I'm coming to your aid!" I yelled while sprinting down the hall.

I slammed open the door after arrival and was met with Mr. Scrooge on the ground in fear and an orange lady standing over him.

"Woah-" I stepped back. "Am I interrupting something..?" I laughed nervously.

"Oh my!" The candle lady gasped in my direction and clasped her hands. "Jacob Marley never mentioned that you had a wife, Ebenezer." She smiled.

"Huh?" I exclaimed in confusion.

"Wife? Oh heavens no! She works for me." He got up, "and enough with changing the topic of discussion, you still failed to tell me who.. or what you are." He commented with demand in his voice. "And it's 'Mr. Scrooge' if you please."

"Oh my, my." She put her hands on her hips. "Well, Mr. Scrooge-if-you-please, who am I? I can be anyone you have ever known. I can even be you!" She said and molded herself into an identical version of him.

"WAH!" I jumped back in fear. "That is FREAKY."

She giggled and went on to impersonate him. She Marched in a circle around Mr. Scrooge "Bah, humbugs! Christmas is an outrage! Grr, give me your money! Interest rates, and so on."