21.Missing Memories.

~Dedicated to - Fallzswimmer for writing 'My Life As A Walter Boy' <3 :)Song of the Chapter - Ten Feet Tall by Afrojack.~
Btw, Team #Kephire? OR Team #Daphire? ;)

Josh Hutcherson plays Damon Hudson in Magic Dust Cafe.

~

Diana Hayden

"What help?" Matt frowns.

"You need to help me play cupid," I smile, taking a sip of my delicious hot chocolate.

"Cupid huh?" he smirks, playing with the ring on my index finger.

"Yes. Come here," I gesture him to come closer. Matt leans ahead and so do I. We are talking in low whispers; people might think we are planning a murder.

"Here's the plan."

*****

Sapphire Brooks

The cold has not descended in full force since September is yet to come to an end. The atmosphere is pleasant as usual with the slightly chilly wind and fresh early morning air.

Nearing the building, I try to imagine the seat next to me to be vacant. I wish Damon has skipped today, just so I can save myself from the upcoming confrontation.

I peep through the door just a little, fingers crossed behind my back. There he is, sitting on his usual seat, his head on the desk.

My sheer bad luck. Why I am not surprised?

He doesn't even stir when I take the seat next to him. It would have been easier to just take another seat away from him to avoid any kind of communication but I owe him an apology and I will give him one.

Mr. Murphy enters the class and greets everyone. This time, however, Damon sits up straight and I gasp. His jaw is bruised. There are black and blue patches covering his entire jaw line. Surprisingly, his nose is still intact with more than one bandage covering it.

'Keith, what the hell have you done?' I muse.

Damon does not acknowledge me. He is giving me the cold shoulder now, ouch. Mr. Murphy begins elaborating on the same topic we were discussing last time.

Fifteen minutes into the class and everyone is already jotting down notes and I am blankly staring at the board, having no idea what I am writing in my journal. Damon is paying acute attention to whatever Mr. Murphy is speaking about without even glancing in my direction.

That's it.

End of my patience.

"How are you?" I ask.

No response.

"Hey?" I whisper and nudge him slightly. He hisses holding his left arm and I flinch, he glares at me and opens his mouth to say something but... doesn't.