Big Time Audition

Another day at the lovely Palm Woods. Destiny Rocque was lounging by the pool with her best friend, Camille, when she received a phone call from her foster father, Gustavo Rocque. She only glanced down at the caller ID before rolling her eyes and ignoring the call.

"Shouldn't you answer that?" Camille asked.

"Why?" Destiny asked.

"Because it's your dad." The phone lit up again. "It could be an emergency."

Destiny sighed as she gave Camille a look. "One, he's not my dad. I'm only a publicity stunt to him. And two, if it was an emergency then he can leave a voicemail."

Camille looked at Destiny sadly. Camille knows how much Gustavo loves Destiny like his own daughter, but Destiny was being too stubborn to see it. And that's because she loathes the man. From day one, when he arrived at the orphanage with a bunch of cameras on him. He didn't even look at the children. Gustavo just shrugged his shoulders and pointed at Destiny while saying I don't know...her. Except it wasn't Gustavo's real reason for picking her.

Destiny's phone lit up again, but this time it was Gustavo's assistant - Kelly - calling her. A smile quickly made to Destiny's face as she answered, "This is Destiny."

"Hey, Destiny," Kelly said over the line.

"What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Your dad wants you home to start packing. We're heading to Minnesota in a few hours and we don't want you to miss your flight."

"I'll pass."

Destiny pulled her phone away from her ear when she heard Gustavo yell, "WHAT?!"

"Minnesota?" Camille repeated.

"He's trying to find his new singer. All the others were duds," Destiny informed her.

"YOU WILL BRING YOUR BUTT HOME, NOW!" Gustavo shouted.

"Nah. I'll just stay at the Palm Woods with Camille." Destiny looked at Camille. "If that's ok with you? I can always book a different room."

"No, it's fine. But you gotta help me run lines."

"No one says YOU'RE STAYING!"

Destiny rolled her eyes. "And the more you argue with me the more time you waste which means you're gonna miss your flight. Remind me, how long has it been since you last had a hit? Ten years?"

"It was nine years and you know it."

"Oh, what a glorious nine years it has been since you adopted me," Destiny replied sarcastically.

Gustavo let out a tired sigh. "Destiny -"

"Gotta go. Don't miss me too much because I won't," she said before hanging up.

Camille winced. "Don't you think that's a little harsh?"

"No."

》》》》

It's been a splendid few days with Camille without a call from Gustavo. Kelly did call her to tell her that her father is forming another boyband, which got a chuckle out of Destiny. Now, she's helping Camille practice for her upcoming audition.

"Yeah, I kissed your boyfriend," Destiny read as she and Camille, who was wearing a homecoming dress, walked through the lobby. "And only came back for more."

Camille gasped before looking around. Her eyes first landed on a blonde male sitting by the pool with his friends and ran over. Destiny held her hand up to stop her, knowing how much method acting the girl loves to do, but was too late when she slapped the blonde across the face.