Epilogue

Five Months Later

As HIStory and Dangerous reconciled their differences, the rest of the Eras also came back together, dropping their former allegiances and reuniting. The mansion was no longer a hollow shell of isolation nor the house of horrors it threatened to become. It became their home once more, a haven from the shattering conflict.

May 9, 2022 ~ The Anniversary

It was a warm evening, and the Ambassadors were grouped up on the balcony, taking in the view of the quiet night. The silence between them was heavy with reflection, as tonight marked the anniversary of the night Michael had recruited them to find their brothers.

"It's almost as if it happened yesterday," Bad broke the silence.

"Crazy, right?" Thriller agreed.

"One of the wildest nights. I don't think I'll ever forget," Bad continued.

"I can think of a few, starting with you, Thriller," Smooth chuckled.

"Oh God, don't remind me, Smooth. We were almost done for," Bad shook his head.

Thriller chuckled. "I stopped them, remember?"

"Yeah, after we almost got our asses kicked," Bad chimed in.

"Speaking of ass-kicking, I owe Dirty Diana one, for sure," Smooth said, taking a sip of his drink.

"Oh, for sure!" Bad agreed.

"We literally almost died, bro!" Bad and Smooth burst into laughter.

Smooth caressed the scar along the side of his neck. "She gave me something I won't ever forget."

"I think you would make a great dance partner for Suzie, Smooth," Dangerous piped up.

"Why do you say that?"

"She uses knives too."

Smooth's eyes widened. "No way! Seriously?!"

"Dead serious. She tried to stab BOTD in the back."

"I think your zombies would definitely give her dancers a run for their money, Thriller," Bad chuckled as he picked at his food.

"No doubt, I can take her in a dance-off!"

"They definitely took care of those gangsters from the club," Smooth added.

"Oh, I almost forgot about them. They were light work."

"I'd say the jailbreak was more light work than I expected," Smooth rubbed his chin.

"Jailbreak?" Bad and Dangerous said in unison.

Thriller raised a brow. "You guys don't remember? We told you we broke TDRCAU out of the detention center."

"Oh yeah, you did tell us about that. That was crazy," Dangerous and Bad locked eyes.

"We definitely needed you two when we finally went after RTT," Bad added.

Smooth looked towards Thriller. "We wanted to, but we had to lay low for a while."

Dangerous sighed. "RTT was a pain in the ass. I almost socked him until you beat me to the punch, Bad."

Bad leaned back in his chair. "He deserved it. At least we got a new sister to keep him in check."

"How do you feel, Dangerous?" Smooth looked over.

"Oh, it's all water under the bridge now. I'm just glad it's over. Everyone's back to normal. No more dirty looks, whispers, or silence whenever I show up. I feel like I'm home again."

The three Eras smiled as the house returned to its warm and welcoming nature once Dangerous and HIStory buried the hatchet. Each of them had gone through their own phase of isolation and rifts between some Eras back in the day due to their neutral standing.

"It was a wild ride," Bad stood up and held his glass up.

Smooth stood up next, glass in hand. "I have to admit, even in the face of death and danger, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it."

"You can count on me to join in on these missions. I'm always up for a good thrill," Thriller's golden irises gleamed as he flashed his pearly whites.

"Despite my issues in the beginning, I couldn't have made it without all three of you. I would definitely do it all again if the occasion arose," Dangerous held his glass up.

"The Eras will live on forever," Bad smiled.

"The Ambassadors will always be together," Smooth added.

"Forever," Thriller chimed in.

"Together," Dangerous finished.

The Ambassadors clinked their glasses together in a toast. The mission was successful; they ventured into the dark and celebrated in the light. Their vows now sealed in blood, their brotherhood became an even stronger force to be reckoned with if the opportunity were to rear its naive head.