Chapter 10 ~Hi~

~HI~

With a blank stare Juniper nodded to Wednesday waiting for her idea on how she could be related to the gates. "It's a far fetch but hear me out" Wednesday spoke grabbing a book out of her bag. A dark washed out purple book now sat on Wednesdays lap, her fingers flicking through the pages before quickly stopping and finding the correct page.

"Here's you're mother with the Lora's mother" Wednesday stated pointing between the two women whom looked awfully alike. "They're twins, it got covered up because only you're mother was an outcast. Her twin- you're aunt- never inherited the magic you're mother did" Wednesday explained as she pointed at her mother. Closing the book Juniper was trying to take everything in, and make it all make sense because none of it was.

"This is crazy" Juniper shook her head handing the photo back to Wednesday who nodded her head. "Making you and Lora gates cousins by blood" she finished watching as Junipers hair filled with flowers, and vines escaped from her clasped hands.

She wasn't angry, she was scared, she was worried, panicking. Because everything she thought she knew was a lie. "I've got to go" Juniper stated climbing from the bed, slipping the shoes back into her feet with shaky hands.

"Juniper be careful text me when you get back to your dorm" Enid instructed, earning a quick nod before juniper was out the door. Trying to make everything make sense, between the family members to the cousin. Juniper should've been happy, but she was far from it.

She was worried, something in her gut told her that something bad was going to happen. She just couldn't figure out what.

Letting her mind wander and the rain hit against her skin, her teeth chattering and her nose red. Juniper couldn't bring herself to move. She wanted to be in the rain, because the rain was nice, the rain helped her clear her mind from everything she was thinking.

Setting her hands onto the stone balcony flowers and vines began to wrap around it. She needed answers, and parents weekend was only a few months away. She was going to get her parents to talk, one way or another.

Junipers phone had gone off multiple times but she ignored it, it rung dozens; ignored. She knew Enid was worried but she couldn't bring herself to talk about what she was feeling, mainly because she herself didn't understand what she was feeling. A few knocks on her door echoed around her room, a few minutes of silence was heard before the door was pushed open.

Looking around the room with no sign of the girl, he turned on his heel ready to leave before the slightest movement caught the corner of his eye. On the balcony stood the girl in question, leaning against the stone balcony lost in her own thoughts. Knocking on the glass the brunette slightly jumped looking over her shoulder to find Ajax standing there with his hands in his pockets and a small smile on his face.

Pushing away from the stone Juniper pushed the glass door open stepping inside the much warmer room. "Why are you here?" Juniper bluntly asked, standing Infront of him, looking up slightly to be able to meet his eyes. "Thought you'd be happier to see me" his smile dropped when she rolled her eyes.

"Thought I'd be happier after you ignored me, and didn't talk to me for three days? When I constantly put in the effort? Yeah really happy" Juniper hissed listing off every reason she shouldn't be happy to see him. And it did seem like it, like she didn't want to see him but in reality she couldn't describe how much she needed him. How happy she was to see him. "That was wrong of me I know" Ajax nodded. His hand rubbing his upper arm. "But I was just scared, Juniper" something made her heart pang when he used her whole name. No nick name, just her name. "I was worried that you'd be pissed that I didn't tell you about the midnights thing so I just stopped talking to you" he explained trying to look anywhere but her face.

Juniper smiled softly at him, trying to explain to him that she wasn't all the upset. "I could never be pissed at you" she smiled wrapping her arms around his torso pulling him into a hug. Juniper was shocked that she even hugged him, and was even more surprised he hugged her back.

Author Note
I love them sm
I had like a bigger
argument in mind
but this js seemed
right, yk?