Chapter 12

Tessa felt restless although she did not move. New flashes of sewing her mother's wedding dress, writing in her journals and even at some points even Dimitri raced through her head. She awoke in a panic. Emmitt was not at her side as she reached out looking for him. Trying to compose herself and catch her breath. "You know I want to say your images will get better but I don't want to lie to you either." Emmitt said full of sadness as he came out of the hall and darkness to be next to her. She gladly accepted his hand over hers. "Anything you want to share?" He asked. "No, just doesn't make sense yet. It's more like a backwards nightmare. Part of me doesn't believe is real, and the other million parts..." She said halfheartedly with a laugh.

"Is saying you're an idiot of course this is your life like why wouldn't it be." Tessa said in mocking tone starting to shake a little in disbelief. Feeling defeated hanging her head. "Hey, it is not going to feel this way for long. It will pass it's just the process. You have one thing that no other person who has gone through ever had." "Which is?"

"You have friends here with you people who want you to pull through waiting for you and supporting you people who love you. All these people in the villages hell even the enemy needs you to succeed in this Tessa and are waiting for you to come through. We will get through this." He said full of hope and determination there was no doubt in his mind. "We." she giggled at him.

"So are we a we now?" She teased. "I am no fool I know the Julian issue but we started being a we the moment you let your lips meet mine. Hell I think you were mine the second I laid eyes on you. Even if it has to stay just between us for now I'd love to know were a we." Emmitt said flatly with love at the same time. Leaning in cupping her face for kiss with his fingers going through her hair and her neck, as hers cup his neck and his cheek.

"I think this past year. I want that more than any memory." Tessa giggled but was truthful. "We need to go Julian is under your assignment and we still need to get to Piers." "Right Jules... Ok I can be the big leader I'm supposed to be and keep doing my job and no man will affect that. She said loudly getting herself ready. She looked Emmitt up and down. "Well maybe one man." Looking at him like she could devour him right then and there how does he always manage to look so incredible. He wiggled his eyebrows and they left the hut.

"Good morning." Julian said standing next to Shayla. "Good morning Jules. Shayla are you coming with us?" Tessa said excited and with a smile Shayla was always someone she looked forward to seeing as much as she could. "I'd like to but I'm with the other hunters today." She replied bummed out. "My parents can't wait to see you though. They're quite fond of you and look forward to seeing your work first hand." "I look forward to seeing theirs and just hope I can keep up with such amazing minds." She spoke honestly. "I was just learning how you met our wonderful Shayla here." Julian said he also took a liking to the young girl such a bright mind she has such talent for such a young age. "You're still an amazing woman."

"Besides not knowing the woman I was originally you mean?" Tessa asked coldly. "No, no, no I didn't mean it that way. I just...no matter what position we got in you were always incredible you could always manage to do things that were impossible. I was trying to give you a compliment very poorly stated with such choice words and I'm sorry." Julian said shamefully looking at his feet on the ground. "I got it." Shayla said putting a hand on Julian arm feeling bad for the guy. She really didn't think he stood a chance getting Tessa back but that's only because Shayla didn't want to see her leave but she still felt bad for him. "Although I completely agree I'm going to walk before it gets uncomfortable." Shayla said skipping away.

"I'm sorry." Julian said again looking broken. "I'm sorry Jules." Tessa said not breaking eye contact. "I am , that wasn't necessary and it was a low blow and there is a line, ya know. I can't be making this harder than it has to be. There will be times when my anger will take over my mouth but I will try better to hold it down." She promised.