Chapter 30 - Derek

[Correlates with Chapter 71-72 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

I woke up before Mackenzie today and I was surprised that I actually had a lot of energy. I guess I slept a lot. I woke of Mackenzie before because I want to go do something so she showered and now she's been out of there for a few minutes.

"By the way, there's bagels down stairs" I told her. She peaked her head out of the door and smiled.

"Yay!" She said back then stepped back in. So I walked over there and saw her grab the hair dryer. I do not want to wait for her to take forever to dry her hair.

"Just leave your hair wet. Who cares. I'm bored. Let's go driving or something" I said and she laughed. But she did listen and she put down the hair dryer and walked out of the bathroom with me.

"I'm not going anywhere with you" She joked so I went up behind her and start to tickle her. She instantly started to laugh. "Jason!" She said loudly trying to pull away from me. Then she somehow got my hands off of her. I went to grab her again, but she ran to the door. I laughed to myself. I quickly followed her.

But the second she stepped out of the room, I grabbed her waist and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her against me. We both were laughing, but she was laughing so hard. I looked up once I noticed someone was out here. I pulled away from Mackenzie as I saw Hunter and this guy Derek who's in the gang.

"Derek what's up man!" I said as I stepped next to Mackenzie and leaned over to shake his hand. He shook it with a smirk on his face and he nodded his head at me. He looked right at Mackenzie.

"Never thought I'd see you again" Derek said to her. What the hell? See you again? I looked back and fourth at them.

"Y-you too" She quietly said back. She looks scared and he looks like he doesn't give a fuck.

"You know each other?" I asked them in shock. All of my good mood is out the window.

"We met once" She told me and he laughed.

"That's it?" Derek asked her and now she looked down at her feet. I felt my breathing start to get heavier. I don't like this.

"What the fuck is going on?" I snapped at them. She looked up at me and looked sad.

"I saw you left Cody" Derek said to her. He knows about Cody then. How could they have met?

"He cheated on me" She told him and he chuckled. What's fucking funny?

"So he forgave you, but you didn't forgive him?" He asked her and that's when my heart dropped to my stomach. She crossed her arms as she kept looking down. She cheated on Cody... I thought she would never be the cheating type. "You never told him" Derek said to her and she looked up at him again. I'm so pissed off.

"Shut up" She said and he smirked. She doesn't want me to know.

"So you said nothing?" He asked her. How does he even know her and that she cheated?

"What is he talking about Mackenzie?" I asked her. She couldn't even look at me. She kept her stare on Derek. Wow.

"Stop" She said to him.