chapter 30

Hello, I would like to remind you that this book is a complete work of fiction born in my head. Whatever incidents happened in this book are fictional and untrue.

But the Islamic rules like lowering the gaze, and other mentions are true.
Thank you.

We are 29 in #allah out of 6.18k stories and
71 in #spiritual out of 31k stories and
97 in #muslim out of 10.3k
❤🤩🥰

Hairah

I sat up straight as I quickly recognized that it was Ali crying and not someone from my dream. Ibrahim too sat up. Ali was sitting, and both of his hands rubbed his eyes. His cry is not too loud, but soft, low pitch. Mama had warned me about his midnight cries, so I was aware of this.

Before I could do anything, Ibrahim took Ali to his lap. He was assuring him and tried to stop Ali's cry. "Shhh, it's okay, it's okay." He whispered into Ali's ears.

When Ali's cry subsided a little, I threw the duvet off me and attempted to get off the bed. "Am sorry, he woke you. You should sleep." Ibrahim said.

I rolled my eyes at him. I know he saw me even in the dim light because he narrowed his eyes. "Do you not want milk?" I asked. Mama told me he made Ali milk when cried like this.

"Yes?"

"Then, go down to the kitchen and make it yourself." I waited for his reaction, without grinning. His expression changed into something, skeptical and unbelieving. Sighing I continued, "oh come on! Don't forget that Ali is my child too. He needs milk and we need to get him that."

His expression still looked skeptical. Allah, this man has a slow brain! "Ya rabbi! I joked about that! I know you can't go to the kitchen alone and you are not familiar with anything here. And no! You don't say sorry to your wife for our child crying, do you?"

After processing it for a while he opened his mouth, "Oh... Sorry!" I swear, even in the dim light I saw his cheeks turning red. We suddenly realize that Ali had stopped his cry and was staring at us, baffled. A small smile.

"I'll wash my face real quick and we can go down." With that, I turn to the bathroom.

Did I ever tell you that I've blessed hair? Alhamdulillah! Even, if I make it messy, it ends up looking good. My hijab is still on my shoulders and my hair hangs loosely around my shoulders and back, looking nice. My hair is my favorite on my body.

I wash my face and exit the bathroom. Ali was hugging Ibrahim and sniffling lightly. "I'm done."

"Yeah..." He stands up with Ali in his arms. We walk through the door and onto the dark hallways. I live alone but I'm super scared of ghosts. Not that they exist but still, the dark scares the creep out of me.

The only thing that's calming me is the heat of Ibrahim and Ali's sniffling, indicating they were just close to me. The hallways are empty, dark, and silent, apart from the sound of fans coming from the rooms.

We make our way to the kitchen with the sight that our eyes provided in the dark. Suddenly, I no longer feel and hear them. My heart starts racing and I start to panic. I turn behind with much caution, I don't see anyone, not at least Ibrahim and Ali.

"Ib-Ibrahim?" I whisper. No answer. Allah, please.

"You are scared?!" Aah! A slight squeal let out of my mouth, making my heart pound faster. I turn to face, Ibrahim on my left side. Was he there all this time?
Allah!

"No! I was making sure you were okay." I lie. Forgive me Allah for lying.

"Yea, yea, I can see that." He says with a smirk. Fantastic...