Chapter 1

"Peyton wake up" my mom yelled in my face as I was still adjusting to her waking me up. great another day in hell. school. I go to bishop Ireton high school in Alexandria Virginia. I really didn't like going to school I was new in town so i didn't have friends but I did have a boyfriend back in my home town. His name is Evan Parker he is the hottest guy at my school back home. We've been dating for a little over a year but we haven't seen each other in a while so we were losing touch. He didn't make me happy like he used to. "Come on Peyton. Let's go!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. I really didn't have time so I just left my hair how it was and I didn't have to pick out clothes because we wore uniforms. Once I was done getting ready I grabbed my bag and went down stairs. I saw my 2 little brothers Nathan and David eating breakfast my dad would take them to school because they're school started after me. I didn't have time to eat so I grabbed a granola bar and went out the door. I saw my mom waiting in the car, she beeped and said "come on your going to be late" like I wanted to go to school anyways there's nothing for me there I was known as the new girl and no one talked to me. As we pulled up at my school I stepped out and waved goodbye to my mom. I just hopped this day would go by fast. unfortunately I still had 4 days to go because it was only Monday. I tried to make it to my locker as quickly as I can without anyone noticing me. Unfortunately I failed I ran into someone and fell I then saw a hand that was attached to a muscular arm reach out to help me up. I looked up and saw that it was Matthew Espinosa. I've heard a lot about him already. He's the most popular boy here every single girl would die to be with him. "Hey sorry I didn't see you there" he said while I was still getting up. "uh it's ok it was my fault" we left it at that and he walked away. that Matthew guy seemed pretty cool but at the same time kinda a jerk well I guess we'll see. I finally reached my locker and I grabbed all my books I needed for my first 3 classes. I headed to my first class which just happened to be English. Great I sit right behind that kid Matthew. I hope it doesn't get awkward. I heard the bell ring and I kind of sprinted to make it to my class. " Ms. Peyton your late" Mrs. Anderson said as I basically ran into class and everyone's eyes were glued on me. I was so embarrassed. I made my way to my desk and took a seat right behind Matthew hoping he wouldn't say anything. Just my luck. He did. He turned around and just said "hey" I said hi back "sorry for bumping into you earlier" it was totally my fault I was in a rush. "It's ok, it's not your fault" I said as he turned around. This was going to be a kind day I was so tired and it's only first period. Another enjoyable day in hell. I said to myself. Well I thought I did. I guess I accidentally said it out loud with my teacher standing next to me. Oops! "Peyton! Detention with me after school" Just my luck. Shit. This is just my life and what I have to live with being cursed with nothing but depression.