wikipedia page

❪ en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleanor_Dynevor ❫

Eleanor Dynevor

Dynevor for British Vogue in 2020

Born Eleanor Jolie Dynevor
3 September 1999 (age 22)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Residence New York City, U.S
London, England
Nationality Australian
Education School of American Ballet
Occupation Actress, model
Years active 2014–present

Eleanor Jolie Dynevor (born 3 September 1999) is an Australian stage and film actress. In 2014, she had her breakout role as Hannah in the Broadway National Tour of Newsies: the Musical. In 2020, she made her feature film debut as Skylar in the critically-acclaimed indie film Never Rarely Sometimes Always. Dynevor played Tessa in the 2021 film adaptation of the musical West Side Story directed by Steven Spielberg. In 2021, she had a starring role in Martha Giese's music video for Deja Vu.

EARLY LIFE

Dynevor was born in Perth, Western Australia. She is the youngest child of French-Australian stage actress, Katie Rowland, and former Australian ballet dancer, Arthur Dynevor. She has an older sister, Piper, who is four years older. Dynevor grew up in Manhattan, New York City, United States, as that was where her family was residing, but they would go to Perth, Australia whenever they could.

At the age of six, Dynevor began taking dance classes after having accompanied her older sister to her ballet classes. She mainly took ballet classes, but would later take tap and jazz classes as well. She began auditioning for community children's theatre at the age of nine.

From the age of eight to 18, she attended the School of American Ballet. During that time, Dynevor won a gold medal at the 2013 Youth America Grand Prix Finals in New York City.

CAREER

Dynevor began her acting career in 2014, appearing as Hannah in the Broadway National Tour of Newsies the Musical. She left the tour in 2015 and went to join the cast of Matilda the Musical as Hortensia.

In 2016, Dynevor was part of a cast of 75 kids in the short film Broadway Kids Against Bullying: I Have a Voice, directed by Jason Milstein, and its charity single composed by Frank Wildhorn. She did also appear in several episodes of the 13th and 14th seasons of Grey's Anatomy.

Beginning of 2017, Dynevor joined the ensemble of the musical adaption of the film Mean Girls as a swing. She was also the understudy for Cady Heron (originated by Erika Henningsen). The show had its world premiere as an out-of-town tryout in Washington D.C at the National Theatre from 31 October 2017 to 3 December 2017. It premiered on Broadway in April 2018.

Dynevor would during this time also have a recurring role in the 13th season of Criminal Minds as Leighton, one of the victims the BAU team rescued during one of their cases.

In 2019, Dynevor left the cast of Mean Girls to join the West End production of Hamilton in the role of Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds. She said in an interview that this was her most challenging role yet as her background was mostly in dance.

She left Hamilton later that year when she was cast to play the role of Skylar in the indie film Never Rarely Sometimes Always, where the two girls travel to New York City so that Autumn (Sidney Flanigan) can get an abortion without parental consent. It premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and was released in the theatre and on video on demand shortly afterwards in March 2020.

2019 was a big year for Dynevor. She got cast in Steven Spielberg's film adaptation of West Side Story as one of the Jets. It was set to premiere in the United States on 18 December 2020, but in September 2020, Disney delayed the release date to 10 December 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was a critical success and some critics deemed it superior to the 1961 film.

In 2021, she starred in Martha Giese's music video for "Deja Vu". Dynevor could also be seen as the recurring character, Ainsley in the fourth season of the American television series 9-1-1.

She returned to the West End cast of Hamilton when it reopened at the Victoria Palace Theatre, London on 19 August 2021 after the COVID-19 pandemic in England. She once again played the roles of Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds.

^ PERSONAL LIFE

As a child, Dynevor wanted to become a professional ballet dancer like her father who was a former soloist with the American Ballet Theatre and a principal with the Dutch National Ballet. Dynevor's sister, Piper, is currently a principal dancer with the American Ballet Theatre (ABT).

She divides her time between living in New York City, United States, and London, England. She shares an apartment with her older sister in Greenwich Village, New York. When in England, she lives with American football player Christian Pulisic in an apartment they share somewhere in Kensington.

In addition to English, Dynevor is fluent in French as her maternal side is from Brittany, France. She is also conversant in Spanish and Dutch.

Despite growing up in New York, Dynevor still has a very strong Australian accent.

She supports the West Coast Eagles in the Australian Football League. Dynevor is also a fan of the New York Yankees and New York Rangers.

From 2018 to mid-2019, Dynevor was in a relationship with British Formula 1 driver George Russell. Their breakup was never announced, but fans of the actress and driver, respectively, noticed how the couple was spending less and less time together, both publicly and privately. However, it does seem like the former couple ended their relationship on good terms.

In late December 2021, a video of Dynevor and English footballer Mason Mount together at Kew Gardens with Mount's family started circulating and it fuelled online speculations that the actress and footballer are more than just friends. Mount posted a photo of himself and Dynevor together at Kew Gardens with his niece on his Instagram account. The Australian and the Brit could also be seen together on a post on Jasmine Benham's Instagram account a few days prior.

The video, as well as the photos of Dynevor and Mount together, appeared only a couple of months after the latter confirmed the rumours that he had split from his longtime girlfriend during an interview, stating that he was no longer in a relationship.

^ FILMOGRAPHY

FILM
2020, Never Rarely Sometimes Always. Skylar
2021, West Side Story. Tessa

TELEVISION
2016–2017, Grey's Anatomy. Charlie
2017, Criminal Minds. Leighton
2021, 9-1-1. Ainsley

MUSIC VIDEOS

2021, Deja Vu. Martha Giese

^ THEATRE
2014–2015, Newsies the Musical. Hannah / Bowery Beauty
2015–2016, Matilda the Musical. Hortensia
2017–2019, Mean Girls. Ensemble. Understudy: Cady Heron
2019, 2021–, Hamilton. Peggy Schuyler / Maria Reynolds