Chapter 32 - Madison

Maxon's villa is absolutely gorgeous. It's located in a beautiful part of the city where the views are nothing short of stunning. Greenery surrounds the residence along with a lot of architecture–which Trinity is in complete awe of. Isaiah stands to her right explaining the time he, Luke, Lincoln, and Maxon came to the city and had the best guy night outs. I don't want to know what went down on those night outs but Isaiah may as well have been speaking to the marble statue in the foyer. My sister doesn't seem to give a crap one way or another because she's busy explaining how she learned about why the place was built the way it was and why humans decided to design it the way they did. Isaiah only shakes his head as she refers to a time in history and continues her fangirling over the home. A grin lights my face at her enthusiasm. It was always her dream to visit Italy. Much like Maxon's father, she finds a fascination with architecture and designs. She already wishes to go see the Duomo di Milano to which Mrs. Blake promised she would take us. She even dropped a casual comment on how it would be nice to get married in such a wonderful country.

Though Sofia may have tried, subtlety isn't one of her strong suits.

I know she wants Maxon and me to get married and have kids. My hand casually lands on my stomach. The ladder is already underway—not that she's aware of that yet. Maxon wanted our parents and the rest of our friends to find out during this trip and I agreed.

As for the former, I think Maxon and I are in a good place right now. I'm not going to pressure him to propose.

Not that I haven't thought about it. Us getting married, I mean.

My cheeks heat at the idea.

As of recently, I've imagined how I would look dressed as a bride walking down the aisle to the man of my dreams and receiving God's blessing.

But He's already blessed us in another way and I'm more than happy with that. Over the moon, in fact. I can't ask for more.

Someone shifting drags my attention away from my sister and friend and I see Lincoln, Luke, and Maxon helping haul our parents' luggage into the house.

"There are ten bedrooms," Maxon explains, once our personal belongings are put away. "Maria, you and Liam can sleep in one. They are all spacious so you don't need to worry. Trinity and Leah can sleep in another. Linc you can take one up. Luke another. V," Maxon's eyes land on Vanessa who's draped across the comfortable couch sighing about how much she's missed Milan. "You can have a room–"

"Am I sharing with my bestfriend?" She bats her long lashes at him and I bite down on my lip to keep from grinning as Maxon frowns, walking over to me and draping a possessive arm over my shoulders, "No way. She's with me now."

Vanessa pouts, "Hey, I deserve some credit. You met her because of me after all."

"Uh, excuse me?" Luke cuts in, "You should thank me. I was the one who invited her along for my birthday bash." He smirks at his sister, "I deserve the credit."

"Anyway," Maxon's gaze turns to Isaiah who is now walking up behind my sister, "Kingston, you have your own bedroom."

"Sweet." He says as he drapes an arm around Trinity. "Shame I won't be sharing a room with you little T." Isaiah winks at my sister and adds semi-loudly, "We can always sneak around."

"Not in my house," Maxon states sternly and my brows raise because he's already acting like a dad.

I can't imagine what he'll be like with our child, much less a daughter-- if that's who God gifts us with.

"Ma, you and...Dr. Klein can share a room." Maxon's lips purse as if it's taken a lot of effort to utter those words and I can't blame him.

Maxon has taken it a bit hard to see his mother dating again.