Chapter 7 - Madison

I didn't end up telling Vanessa about my conversation with Maxon yesterday despite how much she may have wanted to know.I mean, for what? It clearly doesn't change anything.

As I've said countless times, he's made his decision and I'm not going to mess with an engaged man.

Did you ever really get to know me?

Those same words keep repeating in my mind as Vanessa, Mrs. Blake and I walk around the mall. Lincoln leaves today and the guys wanted time alone to hang with Maxon which is the only reason Mrs. Blake is even here. She hasn't left her son's side once since he returned from the hospital. Vanessa and I leave tomorrow at night and will be going back to our normal lives. At least I will, Vanessa is doing an internship at a vet clinic this summer and is super excited for it. I'm super excited for her. My dad never allowed us to have any animals at home. Maxon knew this and Fluffy...there go my thoughts again drifting back to Maxon.

"Look! Crystals!!" Vanessa rushes over to them and Mrs. Blake shakes her head. "The Lord is more powerful than those crystals Vanessa."

Vanessa smudges her head against the display like a child. "I know but they're just so preettyy. I think I should buy one for Luke."

I giggle at the thought of Vanessa handing a bright pink crystal to Luke and his reaction at seeing it.

"I'm sure he would love it." Mrs. Blake says with a tone of sarcasm and I grin at her. Who knew Maxon's mother still had it in her? If I didn't know better, I would say she looks a few years older than us. She looks so young she could be Maxon's sister which she's actually mentioned has happened a few times.

Once we notice Vanessa isn't leaving the stand anytime soon, Sofia and I walk over to the display and the young woman overlooking the small shop lets Vanessa know it's a rose quartz crystal. She begins to name off it's benefits and how to wear them but she warns to cleanse them off before use since they are sensitive to outside energies. "Oh, Luke will love it I'm sure. The 'stone of love'" she giggles, "I'm sure mom would agree this is what's best for him. She's been begging Luke to stop hoeing around and to find a nice girl to settle with."

"I'm sure she has." I voice with a grin knowing Luke will probably hate it or who knows? That man is unpredictable.

It's not long after Vanessa completes her purchase my stomach grumbles and Mrs. Blake leads us to a restaurant located within the mall. I had never seen it in my time living here, yet again, I rarely came to the mall. The few times I did I was either extremely bored or with the Queen of retail herself, Vanessa.

We approach the restaurant which appears to have a comfy, inviting and warm space. "Mediterranean." Mrs. Blake lets us know with a grin and memories of my dad taking my mom, siblings, and I to a Grecian restaurant immediately flood my mind.

The taste of the gyro, pitas and tzatziki sauce and salad were my favorite.

I shake my head at the few good memories with him.

Sometimes I wonder where he is. How he's doing. Not once did he reach out about my relationship with Maxon and that was all over the news. Then again, what did I expect? He never cared. Not once.

I glance up and find a waiter striding toward the three of us with a grin. "Hello ladies, your menus for today."

As he hands me the menu his eyes widen and I immediately know he knows who I am. "You're Madison Rosales."

"The one and only." Vanessa jumps in her seat and flashes him a grin. The waiter's whiskey colored eyes drift to her next, "and your Vanessa Carter. Sister to our famous Patriots' quarterback, Luke Carter."