Chapter 2

Chapter written by me (Q /blackMOZAIK)

Hints for the next chapter: KEVIN!!!!

Enjoy~!

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

“There is no way we are going in there.” Liam said.

It was obvious from the looks on the 4 boy’s faces what was going to happen.

The house wasn’t huge, but definitely not small. It looked very old indeed, and as though nobody had lived in it for a while. However, it didn’t have any shattered windows or broken roofs. It just appeared a bit…dusty, like a doll’s house that had just been taken out of the attic.

“Liam, we’ve been walking in circles. This is our last hope. Yes, we have food and drink, but we don’t have a shelter. Besides, there’s no connection in this part of Nevada so we can’t get uncle Si to save us.” Harry explained.

You didn’t have to be a psychology expert to tell that Liam’s body language was saying a definite no.

Louis groaned.

“I can’t walk any longer! We either see if anyone is in this house, although I doubt it because it looks abandoned or – “ he threw himself on the ground – “I’m sitting right here until someone rescues us.”

“Oh yeah, our fans are going to be so good at stalking they find us here.” Harry said sarcastically, although he too joined Louis on the floor.

“Fine. You two can sit here and wait,” Liam retorted, crossing his arms. “I’ll take Niall and see if we can find a more suitable place to rest.”

“Excuse me: You and Niall? Haven’t you forgotten someone?” Zayn decided to join in to the conversation.

“Er…yeah. Too much walking will get your hair all sweaty. I think you should stay here with Larry Stylinson.”

“Huh? How come you get to decide? I’ve been helping Niall all the way until now!”

Liam opened his mouth to counter, but was interrupted by Harry.

“Guys, I don’t think Niall’s very well and if you carry on fighting about him that isn’t going to help his leg!”

Liam and Zayn glared at each other, before deciding to end it with a ‘hmph’.

“I’m so tiiiiireeed,” Niall whined. “You know what? I’m going to join Larry Stylinson on the floor!”

He let himself out of Zayn’s grasp and hopped over the Louis and Harry. Niall was either having a clumsy day, or walking on one leg was very hard. Instead of sitting on this bum, he lost balance on his last hop and landed right onto his bad leg.

“OWWWWWW!!!” Niall screamed in pain.

“Shit.” Zayn cursed under his breath.

Louis and Harry got up to help Niall, whilst Liam decided to run to the door of the house, and pounded on it frantically. It opened straight away with a quiet creak.

Completely forgetting that he was the one who thought the house was dangerous, he hurriedly signaled for Louis and harry, who were carrying a pained Niall, to get into the house. They ran into the first room they could find (which luckily turned out to be the living room) and rested Niall on the sofa.

“There should be a first aid kit in the bag you’re carrying,” Liam said, signally to the grey bag on Harry’s shoulders.

Harry quickly took it off, and realized Liam was right. How it got in there, he had no idea.

“I knew you were going to use that bag, so I packed it beforehand.” Liam said, as though reading Harry’s mind.

Liam was very fast at bandaging Niall’s leg. As there was simply a section of grazed skin, all that was needed was disinfecting and plastering.

They decided that Louis and harry would go together to explore the house. Zayn would have a look around the garden, and Liam would try to make Niall some food. They each went their separate ways, with Niall left to ‘rest’ on the sofa. He soon got very bored though.

From Louis and Harry’s perspective, the house was pretty normal. There were three bedrooms upstairs, each with a bed, cupboards, small tables and chairs – the contents of a normal roomm. However, only furniture was left in each room, so they guessed that this house had been abandoned. There was also quite a bit of dust to prove that point. The windows were strong, but made in the olden style – no double-glazing or insulation, which meant that the house couldn’t be more than about a hundred years old. There was also a bathroom, although neither boy went in for fear of finding something they didn't want to in the sink or down the toilet. Downstairs had a kitchen, a living room, what looked like a small hall (or it could’ve been a dining room) and a path leading to the garden.

Exploring at first was quite funny. Louis tried to scare Harry by pretending to be a ghost that was going to straighten Harry’s hair, and soon it became a game of ‘chase the Harry’. However, everything soon became boring. Modern day people just couldn’t survive without technology.

Louis sat on one of the beds with Harry laying down on his lap. He gently played with his curls whilst staring into space. Suddenly, he had one of those ‘light bulb moments’.

“Harry, I know what to do! I have the perfect prank…”