Chapter 2, The Savior, Part 1

"Thanks for the ride," Meg said, jumping out of Anna's car.
"Sure thing. Just give me a call when you want to come home."
"Thanks, Mom... What?" Meg questioned after noticing Anna's quirky smile.
"Oh, nothing. You're so beautiful. I'm glad you're getting out of the house for a while."
"Thank you."
"I meant it; you are beautiful. Now go, enjoy yourself."
"I love you." Meg smiled.
"Love you too, honey."
Meg shut the door and walked up to Rubio's, where right away, all her friends could be seen sitting at a window booth inside.
She was about to enter the restaurant, but something caught her ear from around the corner. Most of what was said she missed, but the words 'Shadow Veil' were prominent enough to make her peer down the alley, which seemed empty.
"Make sure you tell him that we'll be ready tomorrow. I'll meet you later." These words were definitely coming from down the alley, and yet, oddly enough, nobody could be seen. Even so, for some reason, Meg was more enticed to look further than frightened to leave.
"Hello?" She edged towards the only thing visible in the alley, which was a dumpster next to a hydro post.
"I'm definitely going crazy." She was convinced after seeing that there was nothing behind the dumpster.
Very little light shone down from the light out on the street, but it was enough to know that she was indeed the only one there.
Only when Meg was about to turn around did the voice from before continue, "No, you're not crazy, just stupid." Were the last words she heard before being knocked unconscious from behind.
Chapter Two
"Are you sure?" The man asking this was what finally woke Meg to the point of realizing she was tied to a chair in a poorly lit room. Confusion and pain rushed through Meg's head as she came to.
"Of course I'm sure. I've seen those before; that's definitely a Druid relic."
The voice speaking was familiar; it was one of the ones she heard in the alley just before being knocked out.
"Why do you have this?"
Two women stood there, one blond and the other brunette, both scantily dressed, each standing on either side of Meg. The one who asked the question was the blond, who was holding her necklace out.
"What is with that necklace?" Meg responded with an unwavering tone.
"Just answer the question." This time it was one of the two men on a couch across the room who snapped this out.
"Who are you people? Where am I, and why have you kidnapped me?"
The blond let the necklace fall to Meg's chest, stepped behind her, and briefly ran her fingers up Meg's neck and through her brown nappy hair.
"So beautiful... So brave." She said with a seductive voice before grabbing a handful of hair, violently yanking her head back so that the two were eye to eye.
"So she's got a trinket from the old world. They're bound to show up once in a while. I don't see anything special about this one." Meg stared without flinching back at the woman who was attempting to intimidate her. "Don't you have enough pets already?" Meg could tell this woman's words were filled with jealousy while she peeled her deep gaze from Meg's face to look over to the other woman.
Without a word, one of the men stood up and walked over, the sound of him walking up seemingly forcing the woman hovering over above to become nervous enough that she stepped away.
"I'll have as many pets as I please." He barked out these words, making both the women cower and back away. "Eveleane, do what your only talent is and read this girl."
The man's orders were directed towards the brunette who had been quiet until that point.
Meg had no clue why she had remained brave and unwavering in that bravery. It wasn't until a voice came into her head, a voice only she could hear, that she felt an odd fear.
"I know who you are. You are very brave, but don't underestimate these people." Meg looked to Eveleane as these words came forth and a stern look came over Eveleane's face as a tacit gesture to accompany the warning that was just passed telepathically.
"Honestly, I don't see anything special about her either, other than her bravery, which is nothing more than foolhardy," Eveleane responded.
"She is a brave one, isn't she?" The man now stood before Meg and looked off to the distance and out of the windows granting a view to the city streets below. "Do you not fear me?" He said while turning a vitriolic gaze her way, clasping her necklace and lifting it from her chest for a closer look.
"Look, man, I think you have the wrong person. That necklace was passed down through my step parent's lineage. There's nothing special about it." As soon as she finished speaking a flash of images drowned out all her senses of anything surrounding her.
The images were of two hooded figures sliding across a zip line that stretched out between two large skyscrapers high above a city street. Both people were hooded but a closer glance at one of the faces surprisingly revealed Meg's dream man Jacob. As they slid closer to the next building, each of them dropped free at an incredible speed flew towards the window about three stories from the top of what seemed to be a twenty-story skyscraper. The one closest to the building pulled out a small crossbow and fired it at the window they fell towards.
"I don't believe that. Look closer." The man's tone had pulled her out of the vision. By now he had moved behind Meg and stared out the window while continuing to speak. "Be quick about it." He snapped to Eveleane.
"I could do it the old-fashioned way. I'll make her tell us everything." The blond woman said with clear enjoyment at the possibility of her suggestion coming to fruition.
"Stop. I'll tell you when you're needed... pet!" He snapped at the blond.
The jealous woman's face boiled with anger, but she held her tongue nonetheless.
"This girl has nothing to tell... She's nothing more than a normal girl." Eveleane responded. "Just let her go. She needs not an inkling into our world."