CHAPTER 12

Mycroft decided that after Enola and I's little "adventure", there was no way I wasn't going to the finishing school. Thankfully we didn't need to make any stops at my father's house, or should I say kidnapper's house. It was now dark, and Mycroft was sitting next to me in the carriage. I was lightly crying, not just from the school but from the emotions of the past few days.

"You may not like me. You may not think what I'm doing is right. But even your blessed mother made a match. Even your blessed mother was a bride. I just want you to be happy." I turned to him confused but mostly angry. He was lying through his teeth. All he wanted was me and Enola out of his hair so he could spend more time with Miss Harrison or getting money.

"No. You want you to be happy. You want me controlled. Because otherwise you think I will affect your standing, as your ward."

"You already have done immense damage. As has that errant brother of ours."

"Ours?"

"Sherlock and Enola seem very fond of you, as family tends to be, so I am willing to look past the fact that we aren't blood and say we are family."

I was incredibly confused and shocked. Did Mycroft just say something sentimental? And nice? "However, I won't treat you differently than I would Enola in this situation or any situation. So, give me the money."

"I don't have it. Enola does." I stated, probably more sassy than I should have. Mycroft was getting very annoyed, or maybe angry. It was hard to tell with him sometimes. "I know you have some of it so give it here."

"I don't."

"You are my ward!" He yelled, finally fed up with it. He has a very short tolerance for me, apparently. "You will do as you are told!" I began silently crying as I handed over some of Enola's money, the money that she gave to me to hold, over to Mycroft. "See, now was that so hard?" We spent the rest of the ride in silence as I stared out the window, wishing I was in London.

}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{

"You've missed supper, but no matter." I was currently in Miss Harrison's office, waiting for her to show me to my room or something. "You could do with losing a pound or two." Rude. I instinctively moved what I was holding over my stomach as she continued talking. "The name Holmes is coming to mean something in this country. You, by extension, are now a Holmes, and at this school, you'll be given a chance to live up to it."

"But I-"

"And you can begin by closing your mouth." I shut my mouth, but all I was going to say was that I'm not a Holmes. "The next time you meet your brothers, they will have reason to be proud of you." I guess I really was a part of the family now, if I wanted to be or not. "Welcome."

}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{

The next few days were pretty boring, with lessons on posture, how to eat, how to dress, things of that sort.

"Girls, you are here for one reason and one reason only." Miss Harrison would say this every day. "You are here to be made into young ladies. You all have the potential, but you are untapped, untested, and most of all untrained. Walk as we show you to. Speak as we tell you to. Act, think, be as we tell you, and you'll become acceptable wives and responsible mothers. Follow the path of so many girls who once stood where you do now. And just as we moulded them, so shall we you."

}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{

I was sitting on my bed, Miss Harrison next to me, giving me a small lecture because I had gotten into trouble. If you're wondering why, well it might be because I punched a girl who was talking about Enola. I guess word had spread that she had escaped the authorities and ran from home. Okay, in all honesty, I may have gotten more than one punch in.