NINE

UNHOLY

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

✣✣✣

Alora had always been true to her blood moon ever since she first bled, and she had always made sure to keep an eye on it, but when she finally had a babe in her belly for the first time, she had almost not noticed, she didn't until she noticed her dress didn't close like it did before. She had smiled when she finally put the pieced together and had visited a midwife in town when Uhtred had taken the men with him for something.

"I would say you are, my Lady, a moon or two" the midwife said, and Alora nodded in thanks before she paid her and went back to the Hall to see Gisela. Gisela immediately noticed the glow Alora had to her and watched her friend with a smile. "Does he know?" Gisela asked and Alora shook her head. "I want to make sure nothing happens before I do" Alora said, and Gisela nodded before the men returned to them. Osferth smiled when he saw Alora, sitting on the wooden bench, he walked over and sat sideways on it, one leg on each side before he kissed her cheek, pulling her close to him.

"I missed you" Osferth said, and he did but while he had usually missed the feel of her silk walls around his cock, but sometimes he missed the touch of her soft hands in his and her warmth as she laid her head against his chest. "I missed you too" she said, placing her hand under his chin as she smiled at him.

She knew that now that she had a babe in her belly, she needed to be careful, and she wondered how she could do that without Osferth becoming suspicious just yet. "We are going again soon, apparently there is a man who runs an ale house where priest can come for everything they need, and the man we are tracking frequents it" Uhtred said and sighed. "Will you be gone long?" Gisela asked looking at her husband. "Until we are finished" Uhtred told her. Alora smiled at Osferth. "I supposed I will have to miss you a little longer" she said as she looked at Osferth.

"Come with us" Osferth said, and Alora raised her eyebrow. "Come with?" she asked looking at Osferth. "I will keep you safe, but I would feel more at peace as well" Osferth said. "If everything is alright with Uhtred, I will think about it" Alora said and smiled at Osferth, and Osferth immediately looked at his Lord. Uhtred shrugged. "I don't see why not" Uhtred said and Osferth smiled kissing Alora's cheek.

Alora decided to come perhaps staying near Osferth would also make her feel better, they entered the ale house as Alora waited outside. They eventually walked outside again to meet Alora. "Everything going alright?" Alora asked as they walked over. "Osferth and I will go with the owner of the Ale House, he will show us where the other priests are" Uhtred said and Alora nodded, she would stay with Finan and Sihtric. They went to the place where they would stay and waited for them.

Finally, they returned and Osferth looked slightly sour. "What happened?" Alora asked and looked at Osferth, slightly worried but Uhtred only laughed. "I always have to pretend to be the virgin" Osferth said, and Alora smiled too. "I know you are not" she said kissing his cheek which made him feel better before he turned back to Uhtred. "We need someone on the inside, but none of us have experience in what they do there" Uhtred said, looking at Alora.