Part 5

Sierra

I glared at the offending garment and sighed in disgust before putting it on. I stepped out of the room and heard footsteps coming closer and felt a presence beside me. I turned to see Antares standing there. He looked beautiful, dressed in black jeans and a white shirt . His hair had been brushed back.
He was looking at me in admiration. My heart warmed slightly. I could feel my cheeks reddening.
“It looks good on you” he said smiling.
“You don’t look that bad yourself.” I replied trying to sound sarcastic. His smirk confirmed he understood.
Trying to ignore him, I stepped forward and head towards the deck. The sun was shining brightly, making the water glisten like diamonds. I sensed being shielded by an umbrella. I turned to face him, he held a cream in his hand.
"You need to apply sunscreen princess. I don't want your pretty skin to get burned".
This man is just impossible. I took the tube from him and went back to apply it.  When I was done I glanced up to find him watching me intently. I blushed slightly again.
"What are we supposed to do here?" I asked him, angered and annoyed at his behavior. He was ordering me around, making me wear this hideous thing. And staring at me like I was a pole dancer.
He leaned closer, putting his knee between my legs.
"Whatever I wish to do", his breath trickled the skin on my neck. Leaning closer, he sniffed my neck, his hand grabbed a handful of my hair, and he pulled with slight pressure . I moaned softly as a shiver ran down my spine. He grinned evilly and leaned back.
"That's more like it". I felt embarrassed, the pulse between my legs, my body betraying me was what he wanted to achieve.
He sat beside me, casually then, not facing me directly.
"Go ahead princess, ask me whatever you want to. Imagine this as our first meeting"

I raised an eyebrow, "This isn't the Victorian age, and you are not courting me. We are already engaged", I reminded him.

"Does it matter? We still don't know each other. Let's do the courting process now", he took a strand of my hair and pushed it behind my ear.

"Okay", I faced him, "then we should do it at my house, in the presence of my mother, and with me dressed properly."

He smirked, "I make the rules, baby" he said putting both his hands besides me, leaning close yet again.
I could smell his minty breath, his lips were inches away from mine. I couldn't think straight anymore. His eyes were the deepest shade of blue, his eyelashes long and shiny. He was so beautiful but he was the person I had always hated.
"Do you really think I care if your parents see us?" his words snapped me out of my trance.
"I wish you respect my father enough to do anything in front of him" I said, lowering my eyes.

"You know me better than I thought", he said, moving back. He lay down on the bed, taking more space then he should and I sat at the far edge to avoid contact.

"I love black, cars, I am a pro at all games of gambling yet I don't gamble, hookers don't interest me, at some point of my life, I enjoyed to cook and bake, I have four horses, an Andalusian, two Friesians and a Hanoverian . I love to ride them, and enjoy the race, sometimes taking part myself. I am a gold medalist in fencing, sharp shooting and black belt 9th degree in Taekwondo. I hate boiled vegetables, screaming kids, stupidity, and privileged people", he explained.

"You are privileged", I reminded him.

"I am not. I have so many expectations, so many responsibilities, I don't have any privileges" he said bitterly.

"What you have is a privilege for many. It's all about perspective" I said.

"Do you think I am privileged?" he asked, leaning on his elbow.

"No", I replied honestly.

"But I think you are" he said.

"I am", I agreed.
We stared at each other silently, the heat of our bodies almost unbearable. Our eyes met for a brief moment, but the second they did, he rolled away from me and covered himself with the duvet.
"Well let's start over. My name is Antares Buonarroti " he stretched his arm out to me.

"Sierra Managham", I took his hand to shake, but he instantly pulled me and I fell on his chest.

"You need to keep your hands to yourself if you want to get to know me", I  scolded him as I stood up.
"What can I say? I'm impatient" he pouted, "Now, princess" he caressed my cheek with a finger, "tell me about yourself".

"For starters, I hate you", I said .
"No way!"
"Yes way! You are the biggest pain in my ass!"
"I've never met a girl who hated me so much before", he smiled sweetly.
"How do you know that?" I asked curiously.
"Because I've made countless enemies".

The way he put that sentence made me want to smack his head against a wall.
"Let's see then", I started,
"I love reading, writing, and nature",   I listed.
He nodded in approval.
"You're going to write an essay on why I suck at romance, right?", he said hopefully, turning to face me.
"No".
His eyebrows furrowed together in disbelief.
"Why?!"
"I don't write about my enemies"

He pulled me closer, "Sierra Managham, I am going to make sure I become the muse to every art of yours".
My eyes widened. This was probably one of the weirdest things I'd ever heard. I tried pushing him off, "Let go of me". He chuckled but let go of me and stood up.

"You wanna have dinner?" he asked.

I just nodded., "I tell you when it's ready" and with that he left me alone.