Part 4

Antares

"Antonio called, Antares. Sierra has agreed to marry you. Oh my God, Antares, I am so happy" my mother 

"I know." I said smiling at her excitement.

She rushed out, smiling from ear to ear.

Sierra, the beautiful princess is going to be my wife. And I shall break her, destroy all her happiness.

Sierra Managham has been the person I envied all my life. She had everything I longed for. A happy family, a loving father, freedom to do whatever she liked. She got whatever she wanted, her every wish fulfilled. She was free to eat, free to live. She had a normal childhood, despite being the daughter of Antonio, who was part of the Familia, someone who was supposed to become Capo. And I, I was burdened with expectations and responsibilities. I was raised with strictness. There were rules of every step I took. There was no happiness.

Sierra had it all, a gloomy, bright life. And I had just darkness.

My father always told me that I didn't need anything else; nothing more than power and fear. He said that I would never find love or happiness in this world. He made sure I would never do anything enjoyable. It was just fear. Fear that he instilled in me, and fear that I was supposed to put in others. He made sure I suppressed all my feelings, and only focused on anger. The show of power is what mattered most.

And this is what will be Sierra's fate. She will loose all her joy, all her brightness. She won't get anything she demand, she would yearn for love, get desperate to have someone listen to her, and she would only know fear.]

But first I would win her heart, and then crush  I will make sure she knows how little she deserves love, and how weak she is. I will make sure she knows that no one cares about her, not even me. I will make sure she knows there are people who want nothing to do with her. People who don't care if she ever feels anything.

I will ruin her, shatter her, make her cry, make her hate herself.

I can feel my heart beating, pumping adrenaline through my veins. I'm excited, so excited. This might be the best day of my life.

***

The next morning I wake up, feeling refreshed after my sleep. My bed is cold, but I don' t care. Today is the day, today is the day I'll win Sierra Managham's love.

The moment I leave my room, I run into my mother, greeted by her smile.

"Antares, my son. Get ready, we need to leave soon. I can't wait to meet my precious daughter in law"  she giggles.

I nod at her, heading off to the bathroom. I take a bath, enjoying the warm water soothing my sore muscles, making them less tense. After I am done I dry myself, put on a fresh black Armani suit and a pair of leather shoes.

Once I've finished dressing I head downstairs. Mother is already ready, waiting for me. Marco stood beside her, and the rest of my bodyguards wait by the door.

"Shall we?" mother asked.

We walk towards the car. Marco opened the front seat for me, mother climbed in next to me. I preferred driving myself. I was taught to not trust anyone but yourself.

Sierra Managham, I am coming for you.

______

Sierra

My father was over the moon. As expected, he wanted nothing more then me and Antares to marry and his wish is being fulfilled. Mother too, was quite happy. Despite knowing how wrong Antares and his ways were. She believed he was the one for me.