chapter 2.

I fell to the Floor. My chest felt hollow and empty.

"How could they do this?" It killed me to know I was to much for my parents, but no matter what, I wouldn't cry.

I then realize, I couldn't pay for this house and my grandmother with a minimum wage pay check.

There were so many things I needed to do, so a grabbed my bag and headed out.

"Hey granny, mom and dad went for groceries, I'm gonna run a quick errand, be back soon!"

"OK dear, see you in a little while." I know I shouldn't have lied, but at this point I had no choice. I hopped in my truck and drove to the retirement home in my town. Walking in, I remembered this place well. My grandmother had stayed here after having surgery. My mother and I would visit almost every day. Walking to the front desk I felt broken, but I was determined.

"Hi sweetie, what can I help you with?" The receptionist said with a smile.

"Hi, my grandmother stayed here in 2012, and I remember my mother saying her insurance would pay for her to stay here. Is that possible?"

"What was your grandmothers name?"

"Jenna Sullivan." After a while of typing on her computer, she finally spoke.

"Ah, yes. Her insurance will pay for her stay." As relieved as I was that was only one problem. I wasn't getting my hopes up that everything would be this easy.

"Wonderful, are there rooms available?"

"There is one shared room available, when should we expect her to arrive?"

" Within the next week. Thank you so much." As I walked out the door, I knew with this particular problem, it was only half solved. Now the task of telling my grandmother and moving her into the retirement home.