broken, abandoned, alone. chapter 1.

Hi, I'm Amelia, I'm 18. If its alright, I'd like to tell you a story.

We have to go back to when I was 16, my parents had just bought me an old pick up truck. I loved it, it was absolutely perfect. I called my brothers, Jack, who was in Seattle for collage. Austin, who was living in Missouri with is wife Jessica and son, Andy, telling them about how amazing our parents were for buying me a truck. Money was very tight so I wasn't expecting a present. I was so happy, i had a job working at hot topic so I could pay for gas.

About a month later, I was about to head to work. Stopping to see how my grandmother ( who was living with us) was doing.

"Hey Granny, how's today treating you?" I asked while feeding her cat, pickles.

" Pretty good, nothing to complain about." This was strange, seeing as my grandmother was bipolar. But why be concerned when she had no concerns of her own. After making sure she didn't need anything I headed off to work.

When I got home, I noticed my moms van was gone.

"She's probably at the store." I thought.

When I went inside, I set my bag on the table, while dong so I noticed a piece of paper.

'Dear Amelia,

Your father and I have decided we can't live with the debt and stress of this life. We are sorry.

Mom.'