- part three -

A boy saw her sitting alone and walked over to Naomi and started a conversation. She was genuinely happy that someone came over and talks to her because everyone thinks she is a loser.

But the intentions of the boy were different then she thought at the beginning. 

He asked her to come inside with him, he complimented her outfit and her eyes. Something was off. She started to feel really uncomfortable.

She went inside to look for Sienna but she could not find her anywhere. While trying to get away from that boy, she found the bathroom. 

She locked the door behind her and slid down to the ground. She wants to leave.

Naomi decides to call Emiliano and ask him if he could come pick her up.

Because Emiliano got worried he immediately got in his car and was on his way to go get her.

 She quickly ran outside the house so the creepy boy would not see her and would not bother her anymore.

Naomi was really lucky that Emiliano was not sleeping already because it was after 3am.

They went home and to calm her nerves they watched a movie but Naomi fall asleep five minutes in because she was really mentally and physically exhausted from the party.

The next few weeks passed by normally.

Emiliano got a message that there is gonna be a piano competition and that two people can participate as a duo. He called Naomi and asked her if she could come down to the cafe.

She went to the coffee shop after her shift at her new found part-time job ended.

Emiliano was sitting at a table in his break. He told her about the competition and asked her if she wants to participate with him. She agreed and was really glad that she could make her dream come true.

They met a few times a week to practice the chosen piece.

One day Naomi felt really sick, she did not know where the pain came from but it hurt really bad. Thats why she went to see a doctor. 

It turns out that she has cancer stage 4. She was too stunned to speak. It was a big shock for her because that was the reason her mother died and she was very afraid that it would happen to her too.

After the appointment she went home and told her father. He was shocked but there was nothing they could do about it because they found out to late and it was not curable anymore.

She was worried how to tell Emiliano the devastating news, she didn't know how he would react. Her fear of telling him made her choose not to tell him. 

Not yet, it wasn't the time for it. They had a competition to win.

They continued practicing for the competition. The day is approaching but they can still improve themselves.

On the day of the competition she was not feeling quite well. She tried not to show it, considering that Emiliano would be very worried and she did not want to disappoint him.

When arriving at the venue they got interviewed. 

They introduced themselves and told the interviewer something about themselves. How they learned or why they started playing the piano.

Shortly before their turn Naomi suddenly felt really exhausted and sick. She needed to go, now.

She left without saying anything to Emiliano because she knew it was his dream too to play in a competition like this.

Naomi ran outside of the building and got into a cab to go to the hospital. On her way to the hospital she called her father and told her that she loves him so much and really hopes she can see him one last time.